Monday, June 1, 2009

I never want to forget this... {21}

I recently held the newborn baby boy of a friend of mine. He was 7lbs and a few ounces when born and when I held him he was 2 weeks old making him 8 or 9 lbs I am guessing. He was UNBELIEVABLY lite and soo little though. I couldn't believe it! JD was 6lbs 13oz when born...just a little peanut. I look at pictures from that time in JD's life all the time and feel like I remember...but after holding my friends child I realized I soo don't remember. And I have an amazing memory. Seriously. Amazing. So you know its gotta pain me that I can't remember something like JD's littleness.


But it just happens...not gonna be dramatic and say that its overnight because its sooo not. Basically because of those long sleepless days and nights. But it does happen (too quickly) and then you forget how they smelled or how soft their baby hair was, or how little little little they were. And precious. And little. And smelly good. And little. And the most precious things in existence (not to say NOW isn't the most amazing time in our lives with JD, cause it is...but little gives me the sniff, sniffs cause I can't believe its almost been two years!!)! :)

So I don't want to forget anything tangible...like his laughter. His amazing giggles that fill whatever room he is in. And now I can't forget. Can I get an Amen from the crowd for technology? :)

3 comments:

Nick and Jenn said...

Amen!
I love all of these posts. What a great idea! I had the same feeling a couple weeks ago when I held one of my friend's new baby. It goes so fast and they just don't stay tiny for long.

Lora said...

This is a great idea for posts!
It's so strange to hold babies, isn't it? Jake was SO tiny when he was born, that I really can't imagine he was tinier than most babies I get to hold.
He always seemed so BIG.

GranBecks said...

more precious than gold...