Sunday, May 31, 2009

We are BIG KIDS now (how did this happen?)! {22}

I recently spoke here about Aimee and how we have had some pretty phenomenal times throughout our friendship. Still having them. Had one today actually. P-Daddy, JD and I packed up the family truckster this afternoon to head over to the Ash household for a nice Sunday playdate and dinner! I have to say this gets more and more fun (and interesting) each and every time we do this.

I must go back in time though to a moment where Aimee, Jeremy, P-Daddy and I did weekly dinners. This came to a screeching halt when we both found out we were prego...we both had just recently moved to our homes we reside in now and that happened to put us 30 minutes (on a good day) a part and we were some tired beaatches after long days at work and the fact that we were growing babies (she was growing TWO). Regardless of our many excuses I think I speak for the group when I say we were truly sad to see this tradition go. Truly. I think I may have even shed a tear about it. If you, as a couple get the opportunity to do this with another couple that you enjoy spending time with, I would encourage it big time!

I digress though...back to today. So our kids are big kids now. They hug, they laugh at each other, they laugh with each other, Addy and Lilly know JD's name and say it frequently. He thinks they are the neatest girls he has ever seen. And the parents...well we laugh, referee when needed and try to have some adult conversation in there some where. We used to joke that they would go to prom together, or be boyfriend and girlfriend, or just be friends. But that was then...

Lilly, JD, Addy

Addy, JD, Lilly

The start of the baby conspiracy to become BIG KIDS


And now...well I see this all as a possibility. That our friendship will give our children the potential to have life long friendships together too. Sure they will most likely go to different schools and have their own neighborhood friends...but these girls will be the ones that JD literally grows up with. I didn't have that and am so glad he will.


Addy, JD, Lilly

Their first lunch date...awwww


Probably not the only time JD will make Lilly cry...JD will get his though, I am sure of it!



First trip to the Children's Museum together

First hug with Addy
And finally...the reason this blog was written today...the little (BIG) ones eating together at table, with plates! Time flies when you are having fun!


JD, Addy, Lilly
Thank you Aimee, Jeremy Addy and Lilly! We always have a great time with you...all of us!!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

So cute! We had a blast too! These pics/progression are adorable, your pictures are obviously much more organized than mine. Favorite blog...ever!

GranBecks said...

This blog makes me happy as Granbecks! I love that JD and his Mom have such woderful, fun friends!