Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Tradition Unlike Any Other {15}

P-Daddy has a tradition with his really close college friends. Golf. :) No really it is golf but WAY more than that...its a weekend every year where they all meet up in Ohio and go to The Memorial PGA golf tournament, play some golf, eat too much, drink too much and have a great time! Their annual golf game against each other is over the top competitive that includes a plaque which hangs in our den of the running winners from each year AND green jackets that are passed along to the winners (like The Masters...which if you aren't a golf fanatic you won't know what I am talking about, but just know that its a big deal, especially to golf nerds like my hubby and his friends, and yes I totally mean that in the most loving way as I do love that he is a golf nerd). :)

Three of the 4 guys who attend this tradition (unlike any other)

From Left: Zuercher, Liss (who doesn't attend), Walker, P-Daddy (we are missing Shilts)...I wish guys were better about taking pictures because I don't have any from their any of the years they have done this extravaganza together!


It helps that the host of the weekend's mother is the mayor of the town in which the tournament is played though. These boys are treated very well...go to the CBS dinner where they hang out (look at) Jim Nanz, eat lunch at the course in a VIP tent and so on and so forth. This is P-Daddy's idea of a great time so we are always excited for him to go for this tradition.


On a side note, I love tradition. Wish my girls had one or rather had kept one. But women are so bad about this I have discovered (I am including myself in this). Its our maternal crap I guess. And I only call it crap on a day like today, where I have spent the last 56 hours (whos counting) alone (mostly) with my son (whom I love dearly) but girlfriend is TIRED and is ready for a spa weekend somewhere soon. Very soon. :) Because I am a spa nerd.

Back to P-Daddy. He came home all cute and tan and well fed and well dranked and happy. To say that JD and I missed him sooooooooo much would be an understatement. We love ourselves some P-Daddy! Last night around bed time I REALLY noticed that JD was extra cuddly, extra sad, extra extra everything really. Daddy was gone and I think he really started to wonder what was going on. I, of course loved the snuggle part, because THAT is a rarity around these parts, but it made me sad too.


I was all "awww...daddy is golfing with his friends and he loves you and misses you and will be home tomorrow." And JD was all "dadda, dadda, dadda" and then he ran to the gate where he greets daddy every day...and then when he realized dadda wasn't coming through the door, he ran back to me and snuggled. So cute! When Daddy DID come back today he was soooo excited!! There was no cold shoulder, just hugs around these parts!


So I want to send a thank you to Walker, Zuercher, and Shilts for providing P-Daddy the outlet to be able to have such a weekend with such great friends!! :) We don't tell you enough what great friends you are!

1 comment:

GranBecks said...

This teared me up! It is hard when Daddy is gone!! I love the cuddle parts too. But that is a Grandma sort of thing.