Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Dash Of Martha {5}

I have always been creative. I never knew that would turn me into a pretty fabulous house wife. HA! Although this is not my life goal...I am pretty glad I've got skillz.

I recently took a meal over to a friends home who just had a baby. I made my famous lasagna (okay not really MY famous...its from a famous cookbook that I just execute well), and some vanilla bean cupcakes. Everyone, especially new moms, need a little dessert in their life.

I know this is a little like Martha Stewart, but I do believe that everything given is better when it has a personal touch. So I couldn't resist busting out my cupcake decorators and making them just a wee bit special.
All it took was a little wrapping paper (for the shoe box), some ribbon (I had saved from a gift we got when JD was born), some food coloring (I also had some cake decorating bags/tips lying around) and chocolate chips (for the "polka-dots). :) As you will see, I am no professional. But it truly is the thought that counts.

The next time you offer to do a dinner for friends, church folks, or neighbors...take a little extra time to show them just how much you care! I know, I know...no one has TIME anymore. I believe we all have the TIME to do whatever it is we want to. Think about it...I bet I am right. The recipients of your TIME will appreciate it. You would appreciate it right? :)

2 comments:

GranBecks said...

Hi MamaL, Are those "z's" on the cupcakes? They really look cute! Ahmmmm, I think you should give yo mama some credit for lasagna making in your life!? lol Ok, it was Grandma Nora who started it...but she was such a great cook...

tmzetterberg@yahoo.com said...

Michelle, you may not get this note because this post is a little old, but i'm finally getting caught up on friends' blogs and saw these cupcakes! Thanks again dear friend for being so thoughtful and taking all the time and preparation to love on my family - we truly appreciated every detail you put into our yummy yummy meal!!

jz