Wednesday, June 10, 2009

All Boy {12}

Our little, sweet, JD (turned rowdy, sweaty, superhero like, and by superhero I mean he has magical powers that get him from room to room to room, up and down the stairs, in and out of doorways faster than the speed of light...and he is freakishly strong) is ALL BOY and that is for sure! We had our bi-weekly playdate today that consists mostly of little girls and, well, to put it nicely my sweet sweet boy sticks out (just a tad). Instead of toys he goes straight for the baby monitor with the cord (especially the cord), then the house phone (taking it apart, throwing it across the room, NOT SHARING it with others), and then will move towards the most destructive toys in the room. Like for instance, a stroller. Seems harmless right? Until your child picks it up and whips it across the room at the wall! He also somehow ended up with a fat lip...I am thinking one of the girls got him but not enough apparently because he never cried about it! He is like a world champion boxer apparently...no blow is gonna get him down! HA!



"Girls! You are doing this wrong...we need to be more sneaky about it! The big people will try and stop us if we keep being obvious." -JD



It is times like these when, as a mom who also loves herself some playdates because it provides some adult interaction, gets frustrated. My girlfriends kept saying "don't worry about it," or "he's just being a boy,"...and I'm thinking in my head..."yes you are correct, but I just want to sit here, watch him play nicely and RELAX while I enjoy YOUR company for just an hour." JUST ONE HOUR." But no such luck today. :) Regardless...THANK YOU Jaimie for your lovely hospitality and wonderful lemon poppy seed bread!




"Umm...is someone gonna tell these two that this isn't okay? " -Claire




JD was for sure in rare form, and I am not sure why. Could it really be the weather? It is gloomy and muggy and has been threatening to storm all day...and I look into his eyes and see "that look." My mom used to say "you've got 'that look' in your eye...maybe you should go take a nap, or go play in your room." Normally "that look" consisted of me misbehaving and he sure did today! And I hear that school teachers just know when the weather is acting up, so will the kids...or at least that's what they talk about in my kickbox cardio class...so I am thinking hmmmm maybe they are onto something?




"I am going to sit here for 5 seconds so my mommy will quit telling me "no" and she will think that I have settled down...but this is just a trick I am really thinking of my next move is all" -JD



And I know I have an almost two year old and am not supposed to be figuring his attitude out because its changing all the time...but just yesterday he was all cuddles, took a 3 hour nap, played so nicely, rode in the car like a dream child (which is rare in itself)...and YESTERDAY, just YESTERDAY I was all "he's turned a corner and is communicating so much more and is just becoming this wonderful little man." HA!


I love my son more than I can express to any of you! More than that even. I love him for exactly the "all boy" that he is. Today was just one of those days...but still...another day in our paradise. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is definitely all boy! Oh the joys I have to look forward to! Sounds like I missed a pretty crazy playdate today! We were sorry we had to miss, but the B MAN ended up having a little bit of a temp. It was a long day for me! Let's just hope he is down for the night now, cause momma needs a good nights sleep!

GranBecks said...

As Granbecks, I am certain that it was the storm coming syndrome! I taught for over 10 years and it is true that the kids get crazy when the weather does! Everyday is an adventure, but not always on paradise island!

Aimee said...

Amid the madness, you got a cute picture of them at the table! We all have our days like that (even my girls!) We loved spending time with you all!

BandBbaby said...

Oh I feel your pain! BOYS! I have this up and down emotion frequently. JD and Garrett would get along so well, or maybe too well and our houses would be destroyed. We go to a couples biblestudy on Mondays and it is pretty much all girls and Garrett. I have so been there, feeling "why cant I just sit here and enjoy these two hours like everyone else?". Those days of cuddling and peace are God's way of giving us strength for the not so good days!