Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Almost Famous {26}

LAST year about this time Aimee and I took our children down to our good old alma mater to snap some photos, take a walk as our old campus is beautiful (if I do say so myself) and just enjoy some mommy time! :)

Yes we TOTALLY were trying to make our kids "Butler Famous" (hence the "almost famous" title above) with this picture as we dropped by the bookstore right before so they would be wearing some Butler gear. I am not ashamed to admit this for a few reasons...

1. Its fun to get the Butler magazine and seeing pictures of people I knew back when's wedding, children, etc. So I am thinking it would be the same for others?! :)

2. I was and will never be that girl that submits my information in that same magazine to be published in the "Class Acts" section, namely the "brag on yourself" section. Yes my friends I just totally called you out if you have ever submitted yourself. But you can point the finger back at me for submitting my child, so we are even. :)

3. Aimee and I were best friends through college, post college, currently (you get the point) maids of honors in each others weddings, found out we were prego on the same day, and I am sure more crazy-weird-fun stuff that I am forgetting. So it really was rather important that Butler publish this photo as our whole friendship is pretty cool and its cool that our kids will probably (at least consider) going to Butler and they would be there
together...awwwwwwwwww! We are so cute aren't we?! :)

So here is our "almost famous" children making their Butler debut!


1 comment:

GranBecks said...

You know I love this picture! They are so ready for college. Looks like they were thinking, "Hmmm...we could have some excellent fun here someday!"