Tuesday, May 26, 2009

TiVo Talk Volume 6, Season Finale Recap {27}

After last nights Jon and Kate + 8 episode I thought it would only be appropriate to do a little TiVo talking today! I will get back to the train wrecks a little later. First we need to cover the amazing season finale's that have happened.

Lets get right to it...

Lets talk about the first annual Network TiVo Talk award...I didn't really plan on doing this but it needs to be done I think. Why? Because this Network rocked it out this season with some seriously good season finalies (and in general). So...without further ado...the first annual Network winner of TiVo Talk is...



You go ABC, you go.

Grey's Anatomy-I start with this because they were REALLY about to lose me this season. I just didn't think that this show could go anywhere else...and then the writers started to show BACK UP to work (apparently) because this show ended AMAZING. By amazing I mean, I am still on the edge of my seat because I don't know...is Izzy dead, is George gone? Rumor on the PEOPLE streets is that they both are finito but I don't know...their reps aren't commenting (yes I did just say that as if I am the one who spoke to their reps). The last two episodes of this show were UNBELEIVABLE. I was moved to straight up SOBS for Izzy's wedding. Speaking of...I seriously need to go to the dermatologist.

Desperate Housewives-Let me just say that I am so glad that MJ is okay. That was an evil scene with making Susan potentially watch her son's death. I was freaking out, not gonna lie. But seeing little MJ on the side of the street, I breathed again. I don't think that Dave is gone forever though. That whole thing will be interesting. Here is my overall deal with DH though...it is TOTALLY an evening soap opera. I have to keep this in mind while watching because sometimes I find myself getting all wrapped up in the plots and then I remember that this show strongly resembles one of the soaps I used to watch (The Young and the Restless to be exact). Everyone ends up marrying everyone else's husband and they all have kids together, and people die or you think they do and then they come back and you totally believe all of this and still watch even though it is totally ridiculous and would never happen in real life. But real life right now kind of sucks for most people so this kind of show is perfect.

Brothers and Sisters-I went directly to Itunes after the season finale and downloaded Bryan Adam's version of "Wonderwall." I am a music freaking fanatic and that song really got me so it had to be purchased. Although this was definitely worth mentioning to all of you because I believe that everyone should also own this song...this was not the most memorable moment in the finale. I think they are trying to write of Rob Lowe, which is fine by me. But its almost like they are teetering on the idea because they made him this huge jerk who became the worst husband/father ever (lying, passive-aggressive, etc) and now he is the one fighting for the marriage. Interesting. This whole show fascinates me really. I think big families are so neat...but don't really think I could have one considering I really am struggling getting pregnant ONE.MORE.TIME so I live vicariously through theirs every Sunday. I also really enjoy southern California (which I think I mentioned this before), and my family HAS a family business so this is also interesting to me how all of that plays out. In general this may be my favorite show on television right now.

Private Practice-I still have nightmares about this season finale. Seriously. The worst part was that I didn't realize it WAS the season finale and there I was, laying in bed, P-Daddy was asleep, freaking out at the crazy lady about to slice Violet's belly open and then they LEAVE ME LIKE THAT?! Needless to say, I pressed the "info" button to read the description and thats when I notice it was THE SEASON FINALE and then I couldn't sleep at all that night because I seriously was nautious at the thought of someone doing that to me, knowing I would most likely bleed to death and my baby would be in the hands of a crazy person. I know, I know...its TV and all will be fine in the world...still though, they got me with that one!

Saturday Night Live-They REALLY stepped up their game this season. I mostly feel this way because of the digital shorts. Please enjoy my personal favorite that did not happen on the season finale but on the show before...I heart JT, we know this so this video shouldn't be surprising to any of you. PS-its uncensored so "earmuffs" for the kids might be good idea. :)



American Idol-so glad Kris won. Lets be honest, he will sell way more records than Adam ever would have. I also lived in a fantasy world with some of you (Adam fans) a few years ago when Taylor Hicks won. I so was on board with him and I was DEAD WRONG. He isn't very good and no one buys his records. The fog will lift for you Adam fans too when you realize that at best he will end up on broadway. This show is good, don't get me wrong but it may be on its way out...I just don't know if I can take it anymore. On a side note, I SOOO watched the interview with Paula Abdul where she COMPLETELY denied ever TAKING pain killers, addictive drugs or EVER getting drunk for that matter. I felt for the woman...until like two weeks later when she revealed in Woman's Day (or something like that) that in fact she was addicting to prescription pain medication until this past November when she went to REHAB. Celebrities kill me, they really do.

The Office-the season finale was good but this show is starting to physically make me feel uncomfortable.

Those are really the only noteable season finales. I enjoyed this season though and am not looking forward to a summer without any good TiVoing. I say that and then there are a few shows that may end up being worthy...

I wanted to mention a few of the members that became a part of the Rhyme and Reason television graveyard. We just couldn't handle all of this TV load (ha!) and some of these shows just fell off our priority list!

RIP
Chuck-it got really hokey, a big thumbs down!

Boston Legal-sad that it was cancelled, we would still be watching this show as it was brilliant!

The Biggest Loser-although we did tune into the finale (because it is so neat to see all of those amazingly healthy and SKINNY people) we no longer watch regularly. I do give this show a THUMBS UP because of its impact on obese American's, but I can't watch anymore.

Lipstick Jungle-another cancelled that I would still be watching...I am definitely a member of the "bring back Lipstick Jungle" group on FB-HA!

Kath and Kim-it just wasn't funny

On a side note...did anyone else see the Oprah with Dane Cook? He is HILARIOUS but his impersonation of her is priceless. See below (the video isn't the best and the girls laughing is kind of annoying, but what he says is priceless)...



One of the shows that the TiVo is set and ready to go for the summer is Jon and Kate + 8. We tuned in last night to see what all the hype was about and it was soo worth it. Although I have to say that I had trouble falling asleep because their distaste for each other really did bother me. I could say a whole lot about what went on but there are really two morals to what I believe their story is:

1. Money has gotten the best of them. Wonder where they would be had they NOT become TLC's hit show? Bet you it would be suburban bliss of sorts.

2. They are so kidding themselves when they say "we are just focused on the kids and making sure they are okay." Ummm the kids would be PERFECT if mommy and daddy got their heads out of their asses and start focusing on their marriage! Note to the Gosselin's: Your kids will never be the same after your divorce.

See you next Fall for TiVo Talk 2009's Fall Season Lineup!! Here's to hoping summer TV doesn't stink! :)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Reply on J&K8 from my blog... ;-)

I do agree on the midlife crisis thing 100! BUT, I definitely think that if you saw all of the seasons, you would be more compassionate with Jon. It tells you something that her OWN brother and sister-in-law have 'backed up' Jon! The party stuff was just a show! She wouldn't have had him doing anything anyways... She's a very independent, controlling person and her acting 'helpless' was a laugh! The way I took his 'leaving for the weekend' was that she had been gone with her book deal stuff and he needed a weekend away...

That's just my opinion! I've been an avid viewer all seasons and I KNOW ALL!!! hahahah! KIDDING! Hopefully, some other peeps will chime in!

Loving your daily posts!

BandBbaby said...

Amen to your comments about Jon and Kate plus 8! I have watched the show since day #1! And I felt aweful about the episode on monday. Brandon and I both felt sick to our stomaches after watching. I think if they knew what was good for their kids they would quit the show and work on their marrage. That would be better for their kids than any amount of money or fame!