Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Its time to set your TIVO's!

I decided, after reading a fellow blogger's site that it was probably time that my opinoinated self started to review the television shows I watch. Because like its like I said here (#82) so I may as well right?

So first I will give you the down low on my 2008 Fall TV schedule...here it goes (no judging please-and if you judge, judge silently! :)

Monday:
Chuck, Boston Legal, The Hills, Raising The Bar

Tuesday: The Biggest Loser

Wednesday: Lipstick Jungle, America's Next Top Model, Dirty Sexy Money, Private Practice, Project Runway

Thursday: Survivor, Kath & Kim (jury is still out on this one), The Office, Grey's Anatomy

Friday: The Starter Wife, Life

Saturday: 48 hours Mystery, Saturday Night Live

Sunday: The Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters (my favorite)

I won't bother you with boring details from all of the above but there are some highlights I am going to touch on...

Mom, this show isn't on your list! Can I watch it with you?

Lets start with Grey's...is anyone else dissapointed with this season thus far? Meredith and Derrik is a big fat yawn of a relationship and very predictable! I thought Ross and Rachel were bad and that was the 90's! The writers on this show need to step up their game or they might just lose me!

On the other hand Paul and I just started to watch Boston Legal this season and we are in love! Its HILARIOUS! I would highly reccommend if you like "guy" humor. You can pick this show up whenever...we did!

I have been a BIG fan of Brothers & Sisters from its pilot episode. I love that they are dealing with a soldier coming home from war. Its completely fictional but I have a feeling that the writers either know someone that has come home from this war, or one from the past. This show pulls at my heart strings on a weekly basis and makes me want to have a HUGE family. Even with the drama you can feel the love through the screen. So as you can probably already tell, this one is my FALL FAVORITE!


JD and Lilly practicing WWF moves (I don't know where they got this since babies aren't allowed to watch TV AND we don't watch anything resembling wrestling)

My Guilty Pleasure is The Hills. Who doesn't heart Lauren Conrad? I watch in amazement every week at how these people actually got MTV to come to their high school (or how MTV just wanted to come to their high school) and make them famous...then flip to the spin off show of Lauren and her fabulous life. Driving Mercedes Benz at the ripe age of 18, living in LA, getting whatever freaking job you want because you are who you are. Its a far cry from Dvegas!

I getting to the point where I am OVER the Biggest Loser and Survivor. I mold these two together because I do not think that either of them will ever go away! Survivor has such a huge fan base that I really don't think it will ever go away unless they have made it to every piece of untouched land in the world. The Biggest Loser is such an unbelievable show that gives people such hope that I don't think its going anywhere either. I love the concept of Biggest Loser but just can't stomach the week to week banter anymore. I will be tuned in for the finale though. Those weight loss stories are unreal!

The Office, I shouldn't even have to comment on this one because everyone should already be watching this program every week (and the repeats that air on TBS). This show is fabulous! And on a side note, Target is now selling Office paraphanalia in their SEE.SPOT.SAVE section. Its only a dollar so it may be good for stocking stuffers for those who care!

Why are you crying Lilly? I thought we were playing!? (says the boy who likes to slap other babies on the head to say "hello"...we are working on being gentle!)

The Season Finale of Project Runway is tonight. My TIVO screwed up last week so I didn't get to see Part 1 of this finale and read somewhere that it was Jerrell (sp?) that was kicked off. I am sad about this because he was my favorite and pick to win. Now I am voting for Cato (sp again?). She has a good vision and is a nice person (at least as far as reality tv goes).

Where did Lilly go? Did I win with my baby wrestling moves?

Last but not least is Desperate Housewives...I thought this show would only last one season, if that! Now I am into this one more than Grey's! I never thought I would say those words! But its so bad its good and so far out there that I watch it purely for entertainment. I am not vested in the characters like I am with B&S. Lets be honest ladies, its a night time soap opera.

If you were into this post, comment. And please feel free to ad anything you feel like I forgot! I may make this a weekly thing if my readers are into it!

Happy Hump Day! Its a great night of TV, so set those TIVO's!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post doesn't make me feel so bad anymore for the amount of t.v. I watch! ;-) Now I know someone else watches just as much as me! haha!

I agree... I have stopped watching Grey's and get pretty bored during Biggest Loser, b/c it's almost predictable now!

Aimee said...

You are hilarious! The pictures are priceless. Keeping up with your Tivo is a full-time job, but seriously isn't it wonderful to be able to fastforward through the boring parts. Remember back in the day when we used to have to watch commercials?

GranBecks said...

I can relate to the amount of TV! I hate that our TIVO only does one thing at a time. The babies are getting so big! I love seeing them. 40 days til we see you!!

Anonymous said...

OMG...hilarious!!! I love, love the added photos. I can't believe that Jacob would beat up on a girl!!! Okay, so I thought I watched a lot of Fall TV, but I think you just got the award for TIVO'ing the most television shows!!! Oops, that was supposed to be silent! I completely agree with you on the Hills...it is SO stupid, but so addicting. I was just discussing this with the dental hygienist as I was sitting in the dentist chair today! Do any of them ever even hold a real conversation? Especially Audrina & Justin Bobby...seriously how are they even in love, they have said like 2 words to one another! I am a little tired with the whole overdramatic story about Gabrielle and her two overweight daughters. I would just like to give her a brush and brush her hair. But no matter how dramatic this show is, I can't wait until my alone time in bed EVERY Sunday night to see which housewife is going to piss off a neighbor. Lipstick Jungle might be taking DH place...it is great! Why do we enjoy watching women cheat on their husbands, talk about other women and be drama filled housewives???!!! Love your blog!

mamalouise said...

To respond:
anonymous-why do you have to be anonymous, it is killing me. I would love to know who my my mystery reader (and commenter) is!

Aimee-I honestly don't remember watching commercials...we did that? Oh yeah, for like the first 22 years of my life. I have blocked that part out of memory because it was miserable! HA!:)

Mom/Granbecks-its time to upgrade your tivo. I know its hard to let the original one go (in fact mine is still in a closet upstairs) but the ability to tape more than one show at one time is even more unreal than the original...I promise! :)

Talia/Goldsmith fam-I had no idea that we shared the same passion for The Hills. I love that you know who Justin Bobby is! We will discuss this on our next walking adventure! Also, I laughed out loud when you talked about Gabby's hair becauese I FEEL THE EXACT SAME WAY (we have thought a lot a like this week...creepy huh?-to refresh your memory, Pavel). I want to take a flat iron to the mess that it is because it would look just fine if she took just 5 minutes! HA! Oh and Lipstick Jungle...that will be one for next week!

Anonymous said...

**Anonymous Lurker here** haha :-)I do have a name... It's Andrea!
I actually found your blog threw Aimee Ash's. I'm a friend of her friend, Brooke (The Jones Squad blog). It's amazing where you can end up when you start reading ONE blog! I've got quite a few that I keep up on now! I love following your story! I'm sure it's quite wierd for you to have total strangers feel like they know you!;-)

mamalouise said...

Anonymous...I mean ANDREA! Thank you for revealing yourself! It isn't weird to me at all that people think they know me because I feel the EXACT same way about the blogs I stalk! Thanks for keeping up with our lives! I am glad we are entertaining to more than just my mom and close friends! :) Take care!

The Kishtons said...

Hey Michelle! Don't know if you remember me or not, but I was a friend of Sam's and went to high school with Paul (he was two years ahead of me), anyway....I found your blog on Facebook and have been a silent stalker for about a week. I do enjoy reading it and when you posted your TV schedule, I realized that I am not alone in most of the shows I watch and felt I needed to come clean about my silent viewing. So, here I am!

I have to agree with many of your points and as embarrassing as it is to be 27 and watch The Hills, I just can't help it....it is addicting (and enlightening at the same time to know that my life is just as good as theirs, just not on TV!).

Take care and keep the Tivo updates coming! ;)

Amy