Saturday, October 25, 2008

Tivo Talk

Its time for a weekly update of "Tivo Talk" (yes I am a dork and have officially named my television critique)!

I have to start out with "The Hills" because this week was RIDONKULOUS with Spencer's smug you know what! Honestly I have never understood Spencer and Heidi and their nightmare relationship but its over the top now. Does anyone know...does he have an actual job? Also...what did he ACTUALLY say or spread around about LC? I know it was something about a sex tape with her ex but is that it? Regardless he is making me not like the show. And Heidi...don't get me started. Who gets so much "work" done when they are 21? She is officially addicted and its sad. (You wanna set your TIVO for this one now don't ya? I understand!)


Mom...whats all this TV talk for? I am not so sure people care what you think about this stuff. I think they come to this blog to see me. You might lose readers if you keep this stuff up! You are forgetting to tell the people what WE do all day. Like have lunch with Godmom...

If you haven't tuned into "Raising the Bar" I would highly recommend. I am a huge Law and Order fan and thought this would be a cheesy knock off but it has turned out to be a refreshing law show that doesnt' focus so much on the crime as it does the court room and I think it might win out over my Law & Order (former) obsession! Who wouldn't love seeing Zach Morris come back? Actually that is the hardest part...he will always be Zach to me (and his character on the show needs a serious haircut), but I am slowly trying to get over Zach and acquainted with his new character!

...We read the paper...

Another drama we are into is "Life." We started last season (which was the first season). It is one of those shows that you have to watch every episode to understand but very interesting. I enjoy that the main character is wierd in a "coping with life" sort of way. He was wrongly accused of killing his friends and sentenced to "life" in prison, except he didn't do it AND now he is out (rich because he sued for a wrongful conviction), back to being a LA cop, living with a man he served time with and trying to figure out "life" (pardon the pun).

...and go to the park...
"Kath and Kim"? Big thumbs down. I am very dissapointed. I think the "season pass" is getting deleted. Sad because I love both "Kath" (Molly Shannon) and "Kim" (Selma Blair). The writers missed the mark on this one.

...we love the park, show them more of the park mom...
We have also been watching a lot of "Saturday Night Live" because of the Thursday bonus episodes. I know everyone thinks this but Tina Fey really does a great job of acting like Sarah Palin. If you missed this Thursday and didn't TIVO this I am sorry because Will Ferrell came back as George W. Bush. I heart Will Ferrell.

...and swinging, you know how much I love swinging at the park! Okay...you covered it all for now. Next time can we focus more of this blog on me? I am the most important thing in your and daddies life right? :)
"Dirty Sexy Money" is creeping up as one of my fav's. Its kind of like bringing the headlines from PEOPLE magazine to life. I equate the "Darling" family to the "Hilton" family. Its very unrealistic but very intriguing!
Is it sad that I am in week 2 of this and still haven't talked about all the shows I watch? Nahh...girls gotta have a hobby right? :)

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Cute pictures! I agree on the Kath & Kim comment--it is kind of like a car accident that I can't stop watching!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! Although we only watch The Hills & SNL, so I couldn't really relate to your "Tivo Talk" on the others. But I completely agree with you about The Hills, Spencer is definitely ruining the show and we have never understood what he does for a living. We love SNL, very very funny, Tina Fey does such a great job playing Sarah Palin!

GranBecks said...

Ok, Ok, I agree, Jacob...everything is all about YOU! But, by the way, Betty White is on Boston Legal tonight! (I know that because I watched The Bonnie Hunt Show this morning!)