Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Back to School

Oh Relax not making any major life changes...just back to Butler that is...for Homecoming!!

Homecoming was always a really big deal at Butler. Like Highschool big. Which makes complete sense because Butler is a college highschool (not in academics, we are talking socially here). Anyway there are parades, queens, lots of competition (and I am not talking about our football team), etc. Also it needs to be noted that Homecoming is the ONLY football game that I think any student (besides actual football players) attend all season. We are Division 1AA so we aren't good and don't play good or cool teams.

I worked weekends when I first graduated (home buyers were calling!) so I have actually only been to "Homecoming" once before this. I missed out on some good times (per a few drunk phone calls I received at work over the years) so I was excited to go back this year and tailgate!

Side note- we all talked and we are pretty sure that drinking adult beverages in Hinkle's parking lot was not allowed when we were in school because I think we would have opted for this instead spending money we didn't have at the bars...

JD has been back on campus with me a few times for walks but this was his very first tailgating experience! It was a good time, just tiring for all! There wasn't much tipsiness going around for the parents...more babies spilling beers and us realizing that babies and beers don't really mix. But all in all our first adult tailgate went really well!

A Rare Occasion, Aimee and I with our babes!

(It isn't great but its literally the only picture I took!)

3 comments:

Our Happy Married Life... said...

very cute. I can't wait to see you guys next week!

Laura and Jeremy said...

It was great seeing you briefly on Saturday and meeting little Jacob in person! I agree, I really don't remember tailgating while we were in school!

Aimee said...

My girls look like thumbsuckers, but aren't...maybe just still in shock over the beer spilled in the stroller :-) Had a blast as always!