Friday, June 4, 2010

National Doughnut Day

I know, I know I have been MIA. But its National Doughnut Day and I just couldn't leave this alone and not tell you about it! It is doughnuts after all.


I do find this ironic because just the other day JD and I were driving to GranBecks house and just as we approached a strip mall that happens to have Dunkin Donuts in it he announced that he had to go potty. We don't mess around with this anouncement so OF COURSE I had to stop and allow my son to releave himself. And then I just DIDNT want to be "that girl" that just goes into a store to use the restroom and not actually purchase anything so I HAD to purchase a half dozen doughnuts, right? Right?

And yes JD had his eaten well before we got to GranBecks house...he gets this honestly as I ate more than I care to share with you while pregnant with him. Poor kid got a shock wave of sugar all the time in the womb and hasn't had much to speak of at all since his birth.

Although I do not endorse Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts, as they are not even close to my favorite doughnut, they are giving them away today. Click here to see if the Krispy Kreme near you can get you the hook up or HERE to see where the closest Dunkin Donuts to you is. IF I were you, I would go to both and get two free doughnuts. But thats just if I were you.

If you live in Dvegas and read this blog...please go to Royal Doughnut today for me will ya? To say I am jealous of you is an understatement. Best Ever.


Second best though...just in case you were wondering...I have found to be at Casey's General Stores. They are of the cake variety but seriously rock the house.


And if you are of the Betty Crocker variety of people, Click Here for a great recipe to make homemade doughnuts!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

National Doughnut Day? I guess I will have to go get a few to enjoy, I don't want to miss celebrating a holiday!

Tony & Jaimie said...

Amen to Royal Doughnuts! Seriously can NOT be beat! However, every Saturday morning our family enjoys feasting on Marsh doughnuts. Dunked in coffee - oh yea!

jz

Our Happy Married Life... said...

i tagged you in a blog award. You know you are excited!!!