Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hugs

Today I had one of those funny moments in life when you are talking with one of your greatest friends and you realize that what you just said only that friend understands. Or better yet, that friend knows you so well that what you just said they GET it and they LIKEY, they might even laugh out loud(ey).



Sometimes I take that for granted. you know the whole getting to be myself around my true friends. Because lets be honest folks, you aren't your 100% self at work, or in those oh so fun situations where you are the new person of a group...you know what I am talking about.





And I can be high maintenance as a friend. I can be loud, or talk way too much, or be WAYYYYY to opinoinated. So today was one of those fun Oprah "ah-ha" moments where you realize how obnoxious you are as a person (or can be...or maybe that's just me...don't be jealous) and that there are actually great people in this world that love you in spite of all of that. Besides your husband or your parents? These people chose to be your friend. Thank them people, they deserve it.


And yes in case you care I do consider myself a good friend to those who are good to me. I love and admire the people I surround myself with, and they know this. I still don't think I could tell them enough though...


It takes a lot of years to build a history with a person, the good, the great, the happy, the sad, the tears, the fears and the cheers. I cherish that. All of it. I want to hug it and all of my friends today! I wish this for JD...everyone deserves this family of friends! Have you hugged a friend today?

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Great post. Miss you guys soooooo much! Sending you hugs from across the country! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Lora said...

here's a hug from me to you!!