Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tik Tok

Oh yeah, I got Ke$ha's song Tik Tok on my brain this morning. On that note, I really don’t get her…because with a name that has a dollar sign used instead of an “s” I was thinking straight GHETTO. Turns out, she kind of looks like a cross between Britney Spears and Lady Gaga. So not really ghetto at all. Hmmm…I love trendy music.

"Tik tok on the clock cause the party don’t stop no"…well that party isn’t stopping at this house because Mr. JD is POTTY TRAINED!!! Oh and he is so going to get me back at some point in his life for sharing this photo with the blog world too! :)





That is really, no REALLY the biggest news going on in my life. And no I don’t have any brilliant tips for mothers out there trying to attack the battle of the bathroom with their toddler. He was ready, we were ready…end of story.


In other news my job is going well. My new boss is awesome, and is one of those people that has “thank you” in his vocabulary which is always a bonus. I should probably dedicate a whole blog to this but that just sounds tiring. This company is fantastic, and is quite honestly exactly what I would have asked for had I been able to spell it out on paper. Oh and I have an ID badge. I feel so official with an ID badge. HA! The job I turned down in December was SOO not right and believe me when I say there were times that I regretted not taking it. Everything happens for a reason though, can I get an AMEN!


I have my first ever (in like 5 years) slumber party this weekend. All girls slumber party I mean…I guess you could count all the times lots of people crashed at our house as slumber parties too. But this one will be filled with pillow fights and…oh just kidding, wanted to see if you were paying attention. Will probably be filled with bottles of wine and lots of pizza and maybe even a Marlboro Ultra Light. You just never know. Whats the occasion you ask? Oh well one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world is moving in with her boyfriend and we are spending one of her last nights in her apartment together. Awww…I know, we are so cute.


Still haven’t worked out…just letting you know to hold myself accountable.


I miss the gym and all of the snobby stay-at-home mommies that I used to silently judge in my head as I was trying to take the focus off of how much I HATED the stairmaster. It worked, you should try it out sometime.


Oh and I don’t always love the random quotes to the left…but I really love today’s. Check it out…so true.


That is my randomness for today. Hope everyone has a fabulous HUMP DAY today!

5 comments:

Aimee said...

congrats on conquering the potty!!! Jealous of that, jealous of the slumber party, just overall jealous! Loving that you love the job too :-)

Our Happy Married Life... said...

I love how you said "A Marlboro Light" as if any smoker only smokes one! :) And Yay for Jacob!

Lora said...

I love that song (especially the part about brushing one's teeth with Jack Daniels) I love sleep overs, I love thank yous, and I love potty trained little boys.

Basically, I love your life right now!

Tony & Jaimie said...

Michelle, sounds like things are great in your neck of the woods. I'm still dying to know what your new job is - but if you love your boss, that makes ALL the difference in the world! keep smiling :)

jz

Brooke said...

I have not stalked you in awile! I am so so so happy you are doing well AND ocngrats on the new job and the potty ... way to go JD!