Thursday, August 28, 2008

Soap Box-Ammendment or Update (whatever we should call it)

I first off want to thank all for the out poor of emails, phone calls and comments. Seriously I didn't know I had support like that and it is ridiculously appreciated (brought tears to my eyes).

Secondly...I went back and reread my "Soap Box" blog and realize that it sounded a little "whoa is me." That really wasn't what I intended at all. I was just trying to rant a little bit about liars and give a specific example to a liar in my life I cannot get rid of. I did cry my eyes out when I confronted her, and yes ZD is a sour subject...but yesterday it kind of sounded like it was a sour subject that I couldn't handle. Wasn't and am not trying to be the victim. She is who she is and I have learned to deal. Doesn't mean I don't call my mom and yell and scream sometimes about it...but in all sincere honesty, it is what it is with her.

I have talked to Papa President MANY a times about her and their situation. I said "I don't know what to do" (about them getting married) it just perplexes me as to why my dad would marry someone like her. I have talked to my dad about this, many a times. He knows exactly how I feel.

I promise I wasn't looking at all for a "feel sorry for me" moment. This family crap is part of what makes me who I am. I don't have to be around them every day and when I do I try and make the best of it.

Thank you again everybody! You are good people. I like good people!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I have to tell you a couple of things. First, liars suck. There is no better word for it. Second, my dad's second wife is just like your ZD. She didn't really have a specific lying/stealing issue but she hated the fact that my dad was still close to his kids and wanted to spend time with us. Um, we were 7,4, and 1 - hello! What did you think was going to happen? He would abandon us? She was also completely unrealistic about what kids are like (naps necessary, bathroom breaks when traveling long distances). I'm so sorry you have to deal with ZD. Just dealing with divorced parents can be challenging enough at times but when they are dating a monster it doesn't make it any easier! (Thankfully he ended up divorcing her and married a normal person but we had 10 years of hell in between) Feel free to email me anytime if you want to vent. We can exchange stories of the crazy people our fathers choose to date! :) lkchewning_at_hotmail_com

Aimee said...

We always say that sometimes it is the people in our lives (voluntarily or otherwise) that challenge our own character--you are a better person because of the obstacles you've had in your life. Know that and know that you are loved!