Saturday, August 9, 2008

Best Buds

From the moment that my great friend Gdub found out that she was prego too AND having a boy we knew that our sons would be friends for life (because even if they didn't want to be we probably would make them). Jdub was born almost exactly 2 months after JD and they have been (what the dads like to call) best friends ever since.

JD and Jdub meeting for the first time

I find it quite comical actually that the P-Daddy and Pdub (because yes Gdub and I both married men named with the same first name-we were destined to be friends obviously! :) would be sitting drinking a few beers at an "evening play date" (code for parents getting together for dinner and babies laying on the floor and hit each other with their flayling (sp) arms) one of the P's would walk over, look down at the boys and say "there is your best friend," or "smile at your best friend." Gdub and I would just laugh at how ridiculous it sounded (but I know we both think its cute).

Jdub's first sleepover!

JD hasn't always been a great best bud to Jdub though because he does like to touch him (or baby hit him) and Jdub sometimes gets upset. Which, who could blame him? But last week we got together and JD walked over to Jdub and smiled really big and waved and said "HEAAEEA" (JD's version of Hi). And they actually played together! That was so fun to see because for a while (I have to be honest) I thought JD was maybe going to be a bully. Turns out, he is the sweetest boy I always knew he was! :)

Going for a walk with the moms

Taking some time out from the pool to take a photo

I was very fortunate to be pregnant with two of my friends from college, Gdub and Aimee. We called it "the year of the baby" because we all seriously knew so many people that were prego! Gdub and I were the only two that had boys though so they are two guys in a sea of little baby girls born in 2007! I guess that means they will have a large selection out there for future girlfriends (and no, I am not ready to think or talk about that).

Playing nice, YEY!

Lean on me, when you're not strong, I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on

Here, I will help you up Jdub! Standing is fun!

Time for sleepy night night!

This is the beginning of a great friendship! Love you "dub" family.

PS-Amy makes the third friend of mine to be with a P. Which is funny because before I met my P-Daddy I had only known one other P in my life. Go P's! You all Rock! :)

4 comments:

Our Happy Married Life... said...

We love our Paul's don't we? Good boys they are, I tell ya. Cute post! I sure am thankful for my Paul.

Unknown said...

I love this post :) Our boys are going to be best buds and I think we have a lot of fun times to look forward to. I loved seeing Jack and Jacob together last week, they were so freakin cute!! I've been thinking about it ever since. You guys are such great friends and we love you!!

GranBecks said...

As The Grandma, I think all the Paul's are terrific and they have such great taste in beautiful wives! And as for the two J-boys, they are amazingly handsome, precocious...no blog is big enough! Can't wait to see you guys. Love, Joy, & Peace, GranBeck

Aimee said...

Very cute pictures--I love the one in pajamas!