Thursday, August 21, 2008

Not a Slacker

So apparently I have some blog readers that are upset with me because its been a little over a week since I updated! I am glad that I am so popular (I know, its not me, its JD but still makes me feel good!). I totally understand the frustration because when I log on to see if my fellow bloggers have updated their lives via blogging and they haven't I am a bit saddened too! :)


But...I am NOT a slacker (promise)! We really have been busy! Lets see...we made cupcakes for Addy and Lilly's birthday party, then JD went to his first birthday party (Addy and Lilly's), we recovered the dining room chairs, made and sent JD's first birthday party invitations, have been working diligently on JD party details (more to come on that one), we had Gdub and Pdub over for dinner, Godmom and Uncle Badgeman over for dinner, Papa President and VP came into town last weekend for a day (we LOVE hosting people!!), Mommy and Daddy (thats P-Daddy and I) FINALLY joined a gym and have been playing some tennis this week in the evenings, I am helping to plan our 10 year class reunion and its coming up so we have been working on that, AND we babysat Addy and Lilly for a bit yesterday! On tap for today is painting the dining room (while Mr. JD is napping), and some light housework! Told you...not a slacker! Just trying to get a million and one things done! Yes, I am a busy body!

JD "helping" me with Addy and Lillys cupcakes!

Cupcake Debut

After the dining room is painted we really are done with projects for the time being and I should be back to waisting JD's nap time to blogging! :) Oh how I have missed it! :)

(L TO R) Addy ("I didn't do it"), Jacob ("What more do you want from me people?"), Jdub ("I'm outta here"), Lilly ("You adults are ridiculous")

Cool Shades Aunt Aimee-Thank you!




Look what I found mom! The wrapping paper tube! Can I have it forever! Its Awesome!!

The way to get babies at this age to look at you AND sit still...crackers!

The dining room chairs recovered

Dining Room Before...(I will post "after" pics soon)




6 comments:

Christina said...

Wow, you guys really have been busy! Those cupcakes are adorable, can I hire you to make some for Chase's birthday party in September? :)

P.S. The dining room chairs look beautiful, I can't wait to see the "after" pictures.

Laura said...

Wow what a list! Food always works as a distraction - attention grabber - stop crying right now - tool in our house too.

I can't wait to see the after pictures too.

GranBecks said...

I'm praying for long Jacob naps! You are so brave, Michelle. I love you more than any blords (blog-words) can say! Just twenty days until Happy Hour, Paul! Kisses & Hugs!

Our Happy Married Life... said...

Ah how I love updates...I talk to you every day and still didn't know some of your "stuff" that you have going on. New chair covers, painting? Busy gal, you!

Anonymous said...

WOW you are a busy gal! I have some home projects that need done over in Fishers, can we hire you?!!! Your day seems much more exciting than mine...I am spending the day trying to figure out how to wear my new Moby Wrap (will blog about it soon). When all of your craziness is over with, we would love to see you. Chairs look great, love the cupcakes and can't wait to see after pics of the dining room! Love, Talia

Aimee said...

I love the pictures--thanks again for watching them for me yesterday! I think they had fun at Daycare a la Dumas :-)