Wednesday, July 2, 2008

JD's June

I normally upload my memory card worth of JD pictures once a month onto Kodak Gallery and send a month in the life of JD out to family and friends. I realize that with a blog I will need to be better about uploading different fun events throughout the month to keep all who read updated. But since I started our family blogging adventure in the middle of the month I waited and now have a lot of pictures to share!

JD has always loved the water, but until this past month in his life it has always been bath water. I grew up going to the pool every day in the summer and was on the swim team in high school and P-Daddy's family had a pool and he also was on the swim team in high school so showing our kids the water and then eventually teaching them to swim is something we talked about even before we were pregnant! The great news is that JD LOVES the pool. Whether it be the community pool where he can be held by mom or dad or float around in his oh so cool floatie, or at the Riviera Club with Gdub and Jdub (their baby pool is FABULOUS!) or in the Ash family baby pool, he loves it! This of course makes us happy and we can't wait for many family memories at the pool together! Here are some of our favorite pool moments from June...




Jdub and JD at the Rivi


Addy Ash, JD, Lilly Ash

Jacob and Godmom splashing in the pool together

Jacob and Uncle Badgeman

Uncle Chitown and JD enjoying some Cheerios together


We also celebrated our first official Father's Day! This is Jacob with Daddy and then JD with Papa President.





We had a fun playdate at Butler where JD, Addy and Lilly Ash were alumni models for a bit.


JD also stopped by his father's old stomping grounds of Sigma Chi.

We had some great times in June, playing. laughing and experiencing new things! Here are just a few fun ones to end with! Happy Summer everyone!



"Best Friends" JD and Jdub


4 comments:

Christina said...

He is so adorable. I hope he and Jack grow up to marry Lilly and Addy!

Chase has that same floatie for the pool -- when we first put it in, the shade stayed upright but by that afternoon, it kept falling back and we haven't been able to get it to stay up since. Does yours still stay up? (I feel like every comment I leave also has some "help me" section, sorry!)

mamalouise said...

Christina-thank you for the comment! I think we are at least banking on the fact that the four of them will grow up to be great friends! :) As far as the floatie...yes it does kind of stay up but it also clips in so that it stays angled (as seen in picture). When it is "over" his head (or not clipped to be angled) it kind of just flaps around though. That is why we typically just clip it in so that its angled and put a hat/sunscreen on his head. I bet yours clips too?!

Our Happy Married Life... said...

I love the small paul shirt! I need to get a big Paul shirt for Paul. I love that it's Paul Frank and that's Paul's name. Anyway, the pics are adorable. Jacob looks more like Mommy every day. Poor Paul, don't see a tid bit of him in Jacob. Maybe on baby number 2. Sorry we couldn't talk longer at the pool. My phone didn't allow us. I'm sure I'll catch up with you tommorow. Even on vacation I need my daily dose of Michelle!

Aimee said...

Great pictures--Cheers to an even better July!