Sunday, June 29, 2008

Our Weekend Away-So Fun, So Refreshed!

This weekend we went to Chicago to visit P-Daddy's brother Uncle Chitown and my greatest friend Amy (and Paul) P-Daddy and I had not been away together without JD since JD's birth so this was very exciting and much needed! :) And it was WONDERFUL! Grandma Principal and Grandpa Menard cared for JD and since they had taken care of him before I was at ease with leaving him. They have a pool for him to play in and HE LOVES THE POOL (stay tuned for a ridiculous amount of "JD in June" pictures that mostly consist of him in the pool).

P-Daddy and I in front of Uncle Chitowns place

Back to us (its hard for me to focus on talking about us, sorry!)...we went to Uncle Chitowns very "hip and with it" apartment on Friday and walked to this very neat Italian resteraunt nearby. R2, Uncle Chitowns wonderful g/f met us for dinner and we had a wonderful time. Rewind to the fact that I had two beers before dinner, granted they were Sam Adams, but I was tipsy, then 1 glass of wine with dinner, getting tipsier (trying to hide it because I am clearly the only one in our "party" even remotely tipsy), followed up by me drinking water the rest of dinner to sober up so I could drive us out to the suburbs for the second part of our night. What? You said second part of your night? I know! I haven't had a two-part night in what feels like years! Crap....I need to get out more often.

Uncle Chitown, R2 and P-Daddy in front of Uncle Chitown'splace.

Skip to a 40 minute drive to downtown Naperville where we met Amy, Paul and a crew of people to celebrate Amy's younger sisters 21st birthday! I was sober so it was time to purchase the birthday girl a shot (and of course take one with her). It was soo much fun! We went to a couple of different bars, we took a shot with Mallory and looked at each other and said it had been a while since we were out for a 21st birthday and then smiled at lots of good memories from our own 21st's (you can only smile about the too many shots/vomiting now... right?). I felt like a champion because I wasn't the one at the bar asking people to leave, I was actually told we were leaving (go me!) AND I had an additional beer with the birthday girl when we got back to Amy's. I was on fire that night! Anyway Mallory (birthday girl) was on fire too, she took 21 shots and really didn't get sick and felt pretty okay the next day! She is my hero.

The Birthday Girl/My Hero

Saturday was filled with shopping for the girls and golf for the guys. Amy and I are really good shoppers together if I do say so myself. We would go shopping in college when we didn't have money to do so and would walk out of the mall with way too many bags singing "Oops I did it again, walked into the mall and spent money I didn't have... (don't remember the rest but we had a whole song, I know-we were cool). Anyway we are two of the most financially responsible people I know our age so don't get worried about our spending habits! I love shopping with her though because we always end up being goofy about something that makes me belly laugh. Andthe belly laughs were out on Saturday several times!


P-Daddy and I being goofy at Amy and Paul's (remember in college when you couldn't find ONE picture that didn't include you with some sort of alcoholic beverage...now we can't fine any WITH alcohol, so we did our best to include us with drinks all weekend!) :)

Saturday night we grilled out some amazing steaks and beautiful shrimp and had a few cocktails again (two nights in a row, crazy I know). We were kind of exhausted from the night before and the day of shopping/golf so we called it a night early.

Us Again!

After all of that detail I really could have wrapped it up by saying that our weekend in Chicago was awesome! P-Daddy and I love to vacation together whether it be a long weekend or a week or two away, its always been fun to experience new and different things together. And with each new place we brought home a new piece of a memory of our life together and I secretly think we both fell in love again. For us it has been an outlet to get away (prior to JD) so it was wonderful to fall in love all over again in Chicago this weekend! We probably appreciate it more because we don't do it very often. That is not to say that this was long overdue and we should be better, but I think once a quarter is probaby enough for our taste! I promise that it is sooo much harder to leave JD than I EVER thought it would be. And not just for the reasons that you may think, but also because he has become our fun. We love to hang out with our little man! JD had a wonderful time with Grandma Principal and Grandpa Menard. They are wonderful with him and we are sooo appreciative of their help!

Amy and I taking a picture of ourselves! " NERDS!"
Thank you Amy and Paul for hosting us all weekend! We love you to pieces and can't wait to come back!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds fabulous! I'm so glad you had a nice weekend. Love the pictures :)

Our Happy Married Life... said...

We did have a great time didn't we? Cute pics!

Aimee said...

It looks like you guys had a blast--well deserved! Enjoy the 4th!

The Murray Crew said...

Hey, Michelle! I found you through Jaimie's blog...isn't it amazing who blogging can lead you to? Just wanted to say hello and I think that Jacob is quite the sweet pea! Are you still in the Indy area? It's been a while since we ran into one another at Wal-mart. Glad that you got some time away and it's good to see that things are going so well for your family! Keep in touch!

Jen and The Crew
www.murraycrew.blogspot.com

Joseph, Mackenzie, Annabelle and Willa Coan said...

I am the same way with drinks!! I can not drink anymore. I have 1 glass of wine and by my second, I am tipsy and can not finish the second...and I get a hangover on not even 2 glasses of wine. I need to get out more.