Sunday, July 27, 2008

Can't Get Enough...

...Of the pool that is! We had another fun weekend enjoying this hot hot hot Indiana weather. Lots of pool time, some fun outdoor adult time, and some great grilled food prepared by P-Daddy!

On Friday night P-Daddy and I went out for a bit while one of my greatest friends, Godmom babysat for JD! Thanks again Godmom...we love you! We had friends in town and there was a get together for their arrival. It was a baby friendly event since 4 of the 7 married couples have children but it was just too late for JD. So, adult time it was! BUT we did get to see the newest arrival and she is ADORABLE! Baby Kaelyn, daughter of Nikki and Ryan was born a bit early and was 5lbs 13oz...she now weighs 9lbs and some odd ounces and looks like she weighs 5lbs (to me). I think this is the trick our brains play on us to have more children (no friends I am not prego AND no we are not trying...I'm just sayin jeez!). JD weighed 6lbs 13oz when he was born and although I do feel like I remember him that small, seeing Kaelyn made me realize that I really don't. It makes you want a peanut again! They just grow up so fast (sniff, sniff!)



P-Daddy and Peanut JD (still sniff sniffing)

We spent Saturday at the pool with Max, E and JD playing. Max is our friends the Walker's (who were in town for the weekend) babe and he is a year and 3 mo. old. E was born exactly one week before JD. We don't get to hang out with either of JD's friends much so this was a fun time!


Jacob and Eli in the pool

Today my Papa President and VP came into town and we had a blast at the pool and grilled out for dinner. It was a wonderful end to a great weekend! VP and I were what P-Daddy likes to call "pool rats" growing up and my Papa President loves to tell stories and reminisce about the "good old days." Papa President was not afraid to throw us in the deep end and tell us to swim. VP and I joke now that we should be traumatized by the pool because of the antics Papa President would pull. But instead we are grateful for our swimming skills! :)



VP and JD

We also visited a new church today. We have been searching for the right church for us and haven't quite found it. The church we went to today was nice but the service was a bit too contemporary for our taste. We did randomly run into an old neighbor of ours who happens to be one of their head pastors (which we totally forgot). It was fun to catch up with him and here about the old neighborhood.




Papa President and JD (Papa is no doubt telling him all about how to swim)

In JD news...he is officially becoming a walker. Right now is a half and half man. He crawls half the time and walks the other half. Its amazing to watch. He started waving at Papa President and VP and saying "hi" today which is odd because I have been trying to teach him that for (literally) months and have got nothing in return and VP walks in the room today and he waves and says "hi." Good job him! We shall see if this was just a fluke or if he really does have it down! :)

He also loves playing with anything and everything "kitchen." We have completely baby proofed at this point because our Great Room and Kitchen are one big area so thats where we hang out most of the time. But I promise you his has radar and knows if I have unlatched one of the cabinets for just a moment. He is there faster than a speed of light and ripping everything out as fast as he can. I let him, because I am a sucker for his cuteness. Its just one of those funny things about being a mom that I never realized I would love (and yes that includes the cleaning up part after he is bored with the kitchen gadgets).



Mr. JD man also HATES shoes. And I need some help on this front from any and all mother's that have gone through this or have the magical wonder shoe to share with me! He literally curles his toes so bad I most of the time can't even get them on and when I do actually succeed he rips at least one of them off before I can even get it tied! All the while in any of these situations he is balling crying like I am torturing him. Its pretty awful. But I know I need to break him in of this shoe business because of the walking adventures. Help?!


4 comments:

Our Happy Married Life... said...

He's so flippin cute. Boy does he hate the shoes. Being a HUGE fan of Croc Slippers I think you need to get him a pair of crocs. I think for kids they are the cutest thing ever. They are light weight, breath easy and I think he'd love them. As adults, they aren't so cute but the slippers do not get taken off at the house. I say try that. Target has fake crocs that are only like $10. How do you like that advice from a non mother...my feelings will not be hurt if you are over it! Love ya!

Joseph, Mackenzie, Annabelle and Willa Coan said...

Annabelle is the exact opposite. She loves her shoes. I tell her to go get her shoes and she runs to her room and brings them to me. She also says the word Shoe, however it sounds more like SEWWWWWWWWWWWWW, and she makes her lips like an oval. She is a croc girl (generic). She has a pair of rainbow color and loves them. However, I will warn you the crocs make her feet black and she gets toe jam:)He He.

Aimee said...

You know I love the pedipeds--they are lightweight, you have to be careful cause you put heavy shoes on and he'll be held back from his newfound freedom! Our new Target tennis shoes are too heavy, they aren't quite ready for them. Just my 2 cents...

Laura and Jeremy said...

So I just realized you have a personal blog, too. I don't know how I missed this! Just another blog to check out when I should be working. :) Love it! Your little one is too cute!