Monday, July 7, 2008

Have we officially become the Griswold's? (aka-the Christmas vacation family)

The 4th was spent relaxing and enjoying some pool time! We love it when P-Daddy is home with us for a long weekend! GranBeck purchased the three of us lovely matching patriotic t-shirts so of course we had to wear them (and take a picture, see below). I personally was willing to wear them all day. We went to Lowe's early in the day to look at front doors. I wanted to wear them and just laugh at the people who thought that we were serious about our matching outfits. P-Daddy was not on board with this idea because I think he thought that I seriously was turning our family into the modern day version of The Griswold's! I was not, I seriously just wanted to see fellow shoppers reaction as we walked our way through Lowe's. We ended up just wearing them around the house and taking a "family photo" to share. :)

The rest of our weekend was spent with a round of golf for Paul, pool time and a day with Uncle Badgeman and R. It was a great weekend! We were sad for it to end. Next up...family vacation in Three Lakes, Wisconsin in a week in a half. Grandma Principal's family is having a psuedo family reunion and we are making the 9 hour drive up to Three Lakes to enjoy some family bonding time! I will let you know how the 9 hour drive and a 10 month old goes!



R, Uncle Badgeman, and JD

On another note...I wanted to wish my wonderful, beautiful, amazing friend Gdub a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are the greatest! Can't wait to celebrate with you!

P-Daddy, Me, Pdub and Gdub

G-this sweet picture is from the Timberview Grand Opening! HA!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Hi Michelle - Jacob is beautiful:) I love all the pictures of him with my nieces, perhaps a budding love triangle there? I just figured out that you have this blog - I normally just stalk Aimee's blog (it is my homepage!). You guys look so happy - I am so glad you are enjoying being a mom:) Hopefully I'll get a chance to see you and your adorable son on one of my visits! - Catherine