Tuesday, June 24, 2008

MLD's Easy Ice Cream Cake

Because P-Daddy's favorite cake is Ice Cream Cake from either Dairy Queen or Ritters I decided to save some $$$ this year and brave (what I thought was going to be a hard) homemade ice cream cake. Turns out, its pretty darn easy! I thought I would share my creation with you just in case you have people in your family that love a good ice cream cake too!



What you will need:
·Cake mix of choice (I used Duncan Hines Moist and Deluxe White)
·1, 1.5 Quarts of Ice Cream (I used Bryers Rocky Road)
·3 8oz. containers of Whipped Cream
·1 tablespoon of Sour Cream
·Decoration topping of choice
·9” Round Cake Pan

How to make:
Put together ingredients according to the cake mix box. Once all ingredients are mixed well add the 1 tablespoon of sour cream. Mix well. Seperate cake mix in half. Grease the 9" cake pan and lightly flour. Pour half of the cake mix in the round cake pan. Bake until golden brown on top. Remove this cake from pan and place on a cooling rack. Pour second half of cake mix in greased and floured round cake pan and bake. When golden brown, place on the cooling rack.

Once both cakes are completely cool, place one of the cakes on a dinner plate. Get the ice cream out and let sit for approximately 15 minutes. Place the entire 1.5 Quart of ice cream on the bottom layer of cake (I used my hands to get all of it on there and somewhat "pretty" as quickly as possible). Add the top layer of cake and put in the freezer for one hour. Remove from after an hour and cut around the edges so that ice cream fits between the two cake layers. Add whipped cream "icing" and decoration of choice. Place in freezer for an additional two hours to allow the cake to set.

Bon Appetite!

No comments: