Sunday, June 15, 2008

We've Officially Jumped! (on the blogger bandwagon that is)

So I have to start out by saying that for those of you reading this that I once teased for having a blog of your own I am sorry. Because I love the blog world, I stalk you and your friends blogs regularly and am not quite sure how I have held off this long considering my newest venture into stay-at-home motherhood. Not only am I sorry I also need to thank you...for helping to make my days go faster while JD is napping or playing on the floor and I need to zone. I am fascinated by you and your children's lives (even though I don't know most of you) so keep your blogs a comin! I hope I am as entertaining to others as they have been to me. :)

Now a picture (because I don't want you to have to wait until the end of my first post, seeing that you don't even know me or my family most likely, a picture may help).





This is JD swinging for the first time. Can you tell he likes it?


I got a little carried away in the "about me" section...something I will probably simplify later, but again WAY excited about this and just couldn't help myself.

Today is Father's Day! Happy Father's Day Daddy! Daddy is playing golf and we are creating our blog. We went to church again this morning which was great. P-Daddy and I have decided that Sunday mornings are our weekly date now because JD goes in the nursery for an hour and plays while we do some praying. I would say that in God's eyes we are choosing an amazing date. As excited as we are to be attending church on a regular basis, I think we should continue to please God with our Sunday date and also venture out with a real babysitter once in a while too. We have STUNK at that game ever since JD came into our lives. Its a lot harder to ask people you know to babysit than one would think.

Papa President and VP are in town (playing golf with Daddy) for Father's Day too. Happy Father's Day Dad! (even though this shout out will never be seen by him considering Papa President hates computers). We are having steaks on the grill when the men return. I made my first homemade Apple Pie last night so if it turns out I will share my recipe with you all. It was super easy but I am worried that it may not be sweet enough. :)

Happy Father's Day to all of the wonderful dads out there!

Amy this now means that you have to create your own blog too. Its time...

3 comments:

Tony & Jaimie said...

yah - welcome to the blog world! And when Tony and I move up there, we can swap out date nights. We do that with a few couples down here and it's great!!

ps - i love your family pic - sweet sweet!

JZ

Anonymous said...

Yes it is time. It's so funny b/c the other day I sat here and started to "create my blog" and then logged off. It is time...I will do it! I've been a stalker long enough. Love yours!

Aimee said...

Yea! Another blog to add to my favorites! I knew you would come around eventually!