Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Last Official Day of Summer

Its kind of hard to believe that we are in the middle/end of September, have already gotten a few teaser Fall days and yet TODAY is the final day of summer. I wouldn't have even known this factoid if my mom hadn't told me as summer basically ended for us at the end of July. Plus the only reason she knows this is because apparently TODAY is setting record heat indexes in Hoosierland.


That always happens...we are gung ho ready for nice weather by the time June arrives, pissed off if it even thinks about getting chilly or raining...and then a whole month later we are all burnt out of pool days and overwhelming heat and humidity that we can't WAIT for Fall to get here! Which is ridiculous because I HATE WINTER! Except for the month of December of course. Apparently I like my seasons to last a month and then I am over them. HA! Anyway, I am sure as JD gets older this will change as activities will keep us busy all summer long but for now this is our story.



Plus I LOVE (understatement) Fall. I love the smell, the wonderful temperature, the colors, the clothes (new jeans, sweatshirts), the decorations, Thanksgiving...well you name it I love it. If Fall could last all year I would be in heaven (side note: it does, you just have to move to Southern California...and in that case you do miss out on the fall colors but you DO get the wonderful temperatures!!)


But alas, I realized that I did not do ONE pool post this year...which is ridiculous because Mr. JD is quite the fish! This season brought some swimming with no floaties which is a far cry from LAST YEAR, holding our breath under water, swimming down to get sticks at the bottom of the shallow end AND jumping off the diving board for the first time (WITH floaties!). So on this last day of summer I thought I would share some of our highlights...















Happy Last Day of Summer everyone!! Fall 2010 HERE WE COME!!

No comments: