Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tivo Talk-Fall 2010 Premier Week!!

It sure is that time of year again! The leaves are turning beautiful shades of orange, the kids are back in school (not my kid but you know what I mean), bonfires with smores are going on somewhere around here, and, you guessed it-FALL PREMIER WEEK has arrived! So get excited, and get those TIVO's and DVR's ready because this season is sure to entertain us all!!



What's New:


NBC
Monday at 10pm EST Chase. Featuring the handsome Jesse Matclaf who we all remember as Jon Rowland, the frisky lawn boy from Desperate Housewives.



Thursday at 9:30pm EST Outsourced. I already heart NBC's The Office and Community which are both a play on sitcom meets reality TV and am thinking this will be along those same lines. Looking forward to laughing out loud.



Friday at 10pm EST Outlaw. Who doesn't love Jimmy Smitz? I mean hello?! But really the season premier of this was last week for some reason and we tuned in. So far so good. Think quirkier Law and Order with a main character trying to make positive changes within our system. We shall see how this goes...could be a great one!


The Apprentice really isn't new but has received a face lift. Celebrity Apprentice is the route that The Donald had gone the past few seasons and I was yawning. so I guess its a good thing for him that he has changed it up. The premier was this past week but you can catch it on Thursdays at 10pm. The previews have me intrigued because it appears he is taking peeps on that lost their jobs due to our current financial crisis. Could be very interesting...


ABC
The Whole Truth premiers Wednesday at 10pm EST. If you were a fan of ER get excited because this is bringing back Maura Tierney. I am not so sure if I will love this but am going to give it a try. Sounds like another spin off of a Law and Order but we shall see where they take us.



Shows I was excited to see return:


NBC
Parenthood, already premiered this week as well but can be seen on Tuesday nights at 1opm EST. And this just in via PEOPLE magazine...Lauren Graham and Peter Kraus (who play brother and sister on this show) are DATING! I know, so weird and yet so right.



CBS
Premiering NEXT week on Tuesday September 28th (but still WAY worth mentioning) is The Good Wife. I think this actually may be my *FAV* Drama of the year. It was a great first season last year and it seems like they have a great plot coming at us this year! YAY for a good drama. :)



ABC
Premiering Wednesday at 9:30pm EST Cougartown is BACK! This is one I wasn't so sure of last season but it did just continue to keep me laughing and coming back for more so I am a in now. I still don't like Courtney Cox's son...he creeps me out but everyone else is hilarious!



As if there was any question this was going to return, but still it was a new show last year...Modern Family is BACK and premiers this Wednesday at 9pm EST. Cam and Phil, I have missed you and can't wait until Wednesday to see your shiny faces!








Oldies but goodies:



CBS
Survivor: Nicaragua. This premiered last week so if you missed know you haven't missed much. Its on Wednesday's at 9pm EST now and I am not sure how I feel about that but am excited it is still going strong. Amazing that they can still think of new challenges after all these seasons.



Monday September 20 at 8pm EST, How I Met Your Mother. I am SO glad we are getting into a new season because P-Daddy has just about burned me out with the Lifetime re-runs of this show. He is officially obsessed with Barney and all of his antics and I am convinced he could watch this show 24-7 over and over and still giggle out loud.



ABC
Desperate Housewives, premiers Sunday the 26th at 9pm EST. The website says tonight at 9pm but my TIVO is showing "The Gates." So I think their site is wrong. But anywho...I am way excited about the return of the Housewives. I can't get enough actually.



Private Practice, premiering Thursday at 10pm EST. Although I have ditched my beloved Grey's Anatomy as it just got to be too much I still heart this show. Addison and the gang still keep me excited to come back week after week. I really hope Addison gets herself some Taye Diggs this season. :)



Shows that are set to tape on my TIVO but I am about to breakup with:


ABC
Brother's and Sisters, premiers Sunday September 26. This USED to be on my favorites list but I am telling you it went a little too far last season and I don't know how they are going to come back from it. So my story is I am going to go ahead and watch the first episode and see how it goes.

4 comments:

Nick and Jenn said...

Love it!! So excited for new shows. Forgot some of these (not that I will have tons of time to check them out but still fun). Looking forward to your reviews.

Jodi said...

Hey lady.. I think the new show "My Generation" looks like it has potential too!

Aimee said...

My DVR is set--you know I can do this from my iphone, right? Aren't you jealous??? Love it!

Allison said...

OOO-OOOO!!!! I LOVE PREMIER WEEK!! I post my TIVO Talk yesterday!! Great minds think alike!!!

Glad to be back in the bloggy world - I missed all my daily reads!!!