Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thinking out loud Thursday

I am having one of those days where I just feel like blogging but I don't necessarily have anything to blog about. So brace yourself people. This could get interesting.

I am exhausted. Literally I wake up every day after a crappy night of sleep as of late (thanks to my dear son) and think "I'm not that tired, I am going to be good to go today." And I am that way until about noon and then I crash. Except I don't crash because I work. But I mentally crash. Oh and the crappy night of sleep we are getting nightly I hear is due to the fact that we now have a 3 year old. A very strong willed 3 year old. But we will prevail this, don't you worry. I just may eventually need an IV of caffeine to get myself through a day.

We are in the midst of making some large furniture purchases right now. And if you know us you know that we were REALLY good at making these types of purchases (minus couches, we always suck at buying couches) early on in our relationship and now we second guess every move and spend WAY too much time shopping, negotiating and then sometimes never buying. We will buy this time. It just may take a year. Sometimes I wish I was young and stupid again...at least on this front. I am way too worried about big decisions now...

...like the robins egg paint samples I have had on my bathroom walls for a year with still no final decision made. Its just paint mama, its just paint. I act like its wallpaper. Now THAT is a marriage I just cannot enter.

I have a girls day planned on Saturday that includes a fancy breakfast and manicures and pedicures. I am so looking forward to this! I wonder if I can talk any of them into allowing me to come back to their house and take a nap after? Too much? HA!

I am losing followers lately...wonder what I did? Its like losing Facebook friends. You really don't care but you are always curious as to what happened.

It is taking everything I have not to bust out my all of my fall decor. I heart this time of year so much and with the brutal summer we had I am embracing all things FALL. Including the lovely breeze outside today! Now, Fall go ahead and stay around until December and we will be good to go. And yes, I just spoke to a season.

If stand up comedy existed for 3 year olds Jacob would be making millions. I laugh out loud every day at his funny stories. And kids, as you know, have no filter and have no idea what being really scared of anything means. Its such a beautiful thing.

I feel like I have said this before in some form or fashion as I guess I am just eternally perplexed at the complexity of how women interact with each other...but friendship in many ways isn't what I thought it was. Sometimes better, sometimes surprising, sometimes worse, sometimes the exact thing you needed...its just an interesting breed in our lives. I just hope I am a good one. I sure do try to be...but that doesn't always matter.

I realized the other day that my day instantly gets better when I hear (and sing) a good song on the radio with the windows down. I used to do this a LOT more. Its good for my soul. Favorite current song: "Half of my Heart" by John Mayer (featuring the lovely Taylor Swift).

Its about that time for me to do a Fall Tivo Talk. I am so excited I could pee my pants as I have missed good TV. Except for the fact that Entourage, Weeds, and Project Runway have kept me somewhat occupied. Especially PR as it is hands down the greatest reality show on television. And I don't sew and can't afford high end designer.

And finally...its the Farewell Season of Oprah people. Get excited.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Girls Saturday sounds like a lot of fun! Have a great time!!
BTW, the video was awesome! great job!

Aimee said...

You are a GREAT friend! Never forget that! Loved the ramblings

Lora said...

I've lost followers to. I just tell myself that they are probably people I don't follow and most likely are people I'd probably hate if they were around me in real life.

It makes me feel better.