Friday, May 7, 2010

SHRED it or DREAD it Friday

Exgf over at Confessions of an ExGirlfriend started this tradition last week and I think it is a wonderful opportunity to dump on the blog world so I can go into my weekend fully shredded.

*****

I need to stop feeling so guilty all the time that I am not this perfect Christian. I know...those who know me are all like-WHAT? But seriously it runs through my head a million times a week probably that I should be better. I tell ya, those Baptists did know how to instill a lot of guilt when it comes to Jesus. Oh...and those Catholics aren't much better either...ha! But in all seriousness, I am SHREDDING the guilt! God knows where my heart is...

Speaking of guilt, I am already feeling that weight on my shoulders for working full time and not being with JD. He has acted out a bit more this week and I am certain that it is because he is testing us as his world has been flipped up-side-down. Children are resilient, Children are resilient, must.keep.repeating. But honestly, when I take a step back I really have been handed the perfect opportunity and I did get to spend some QT with him at random hours this week. I just have to cherish my moments a bit more now! So today, at least for today, I am shredding the guilt I feel when it comes to going back to work.

I have noticed that I am not good with giving myself "time" to "settle" into anything. Looking back through life to date I have either dove in head first or didn't dive in at all. Soooo with that said... I haven't really worked out for a long time (okay I ran once this week...but that isn't a lot at all). Everyone tells me this has to do with the fact that I need "time" to "settle"...but my brain hears all of that as "excuse"...so anyway I am SHREDDING the worry about not working out (at least for this week).

I am so SHREDDING the Outback Steakhouse Bloomin Onion I am about to indulge in...I may as well SHRED the fact that I will probably wash it down with a few Goose Island Honker Ale's too...

Oh and I am not DREADING or SHREDDING this one...but "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts-CAN'T LOSE, aka Friday Night Lights returns to NBC tonight-I.Cannot.Freaking.Wait! I.Am.A.Freaking.Nerd...but I know this and am cool with it!

I totally feel better. Thanks for listening. Oh and I think everyone should do this. Its like blogger therapy. Thanks Exgf...great idea! Oh and if you want to participate with her, just comment on her blog: Confessions of an Exgirlfriend and put a link to your blog!

Happy Weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Exgf said...

1. As you know we baptists were bred with guilt ridden emotions.....it's in tge denomination ....
2. I LOVE FNL!!! I think we are the sane soul separated by a few thousand miles!
3. Thank you for playing along :) it's so fun!!!!!!!

Have a freakin wonderful evening...bloomin onion, ales and all!!!!

*HUGS*

Stephanie. said...

I LOVE FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!! My heart fluttered everytime I saw the previews this week. Oh, how I have missed this show!

Lora said...

the guilt is big. So big in fact that I'm raising my child agnostic so he has a fighting chance at getting through life without it.

I feel like the guilt is man-made rather than God-made. At least I hope it is.
Stupid jerks at church (and outside of it) always have a way of making one feel less-than. I think it's crap. And if anyone is less-than, I think it's the people making the rest of us feel like garbage.