Friday, October 30, 2009

Spooktacular Times...

We have been "enjoying" Halloween a bit more this year with our JD. I put enjoying in quotations because we are not Halloween people at all. We have neighbors that decorate the outside of their home like it is Christmas? Seriously, black and orange lights and huge blow up pumpkins, fake spider webs, the whole bit. Are they kidding me? And we aren't Halloween fans. We don't like scary movies, we don't like trick or treaters, we don't like candy around the house (which equals we have very little will power), we don't like haunted houses, corn mazes, or candy corn. We are Bah Humbuggers to Halloween. There I said it. And I meant every word.




It was this time last year that we had our first play date (insert--awwwww). We dressed the kids up in their said Halloween costumes for a photo opp and started our tradition of a monthly playdate. I have so appreciated this time with my friends who happen to also be mommies of little ones right around JD's age. I feel blessed to have this outlet in my life and I don't say it enough. Click here if you would like to take a walk down memory lane.




This year was a special year for the playdate group though because Mr. Donald Trump himself showed up! Yes you heard it right, Donald Trump. See below...I wouldn't lie to you!



"Don't mind me, just looking over one of my developments that made me millions"-The Donald

But it was a special event I tell you because so did Superman, Tinkerbell, a baby fish, Scooby Doo, and ANGELS were there too.





Just like Donald to be a player

We had fun at a pumpkin patch near our home last Sunday (see photos). It honestly was WAY more fun than I had imagined, and I am talking on behalf of JD here. There were barnyard animals, and since we have yet to make it to our zoo this was JD's first time around live animals. He LOVED mimicking their noises, especially the pigs! Oink! There was also a "moo-choo" train which I got the pleasure of riding along with Mr. JD and to say he was in awe would be an understatement. So fun to experience a moment through the eyes of our child.




I do not get the whole pumpkin patch obsession though. What happened to just buying your pumpkin at the grocery store, carving it to look like what pumpkins are supposed to and leaving it at that. I almost felt a little peer pressured to take my two year old there. Almost. Turns out I did pay over double the price for my pumpkin by purchasing it at this patch. There goes the family budget. I kid, people, I kid. But still, these pumpkin people are laughing all the way to the bank with mine and yours and yours and mine money. On pumpkins. Excuse me while I go plant a pumpkin farm.




So seriously we do wish you and yours a Happy Halloween. Be Safe. Don't eat too much candy and get sick or drink to much vodka and get sicker. :) And don't forget to wash your hands.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

LOVE JD's costume! The Donald! Hilarious and super cute!!! And I'm not a Halloween person either!! Have a good one!

Our Happy Married Life... said...

you know i am not a fan of halloween but have to be b/c of my husband. I do look forward to the days of going to the pumpkin patch with our kids and overpaying for pumpkins. you are paying for the experience too, ya know! :) it's the whole "what to be for halloween" that gets me every time! now go enjoy this holiday with your son. HAHA!

Aimee said...

Great post, I have a feeling you may learn to love halloween over the next few years!