Thursday, October 22, 2009

Life and TV in Review...

WARNING: this blog is going to be all over the place!



So this past weekend Uncle Badgeman and R got hitched!! I really should say "married" though because it was a beautiful wedding and the word hitched kind of makes it sound like they got married in a courthouse. Which I am not judging at all, but this couple did not go that route so I should respect that. "R" by the way has officially been renamed to "Aunt Ricky" just tellin ya for future reference. All of the pictures showcased on this here blog is from their wedding...enjoy!



Bride and Groom....awwww!

We are so thrilled for Aunt Ricky and Uncle Badgeman, which needs to be mentioned. They are so cute and so in love! I have always loved weddings because the happy couples involved are so giddy about their new life together. Its a beginning and a different beginning for everyone, but its happy every time. Who can't love that? My favorite line from every wedding is from a bible verse (I am not sure which one, so please excuse me) but it goes something like "what God has put together, let no man tear apart." Gives me chills every time. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Feels like God is right there with everyone putting the couple together, making them ONE. I love it.

JD was the ring bearer, can it get any cuter than this toddler in a tux?

I wish Aunt Ricky and Uncle Badgeman the best life has to offer...oh and if you want to see the video I made for their rehearsal dinner, CLICK HERE. :)

**************

I haven't done a TIVO TALK this season. I know I'm being a slacker. Gonna do this flyby style...

Uncle VP and JD (Uncle VP is the lucky one, he is the only family member that got a photo opp with our little one. OOPS!)

Overall, I am pretty excited that it seems the sitcom is making a comeback. I do love my drama's but honestly I have had to drop a few of them due to their over-dramaticness! And lets be honest sitcoms=funny (most of the time) and its way more fun to laugh than it is to cry!

New Shows:

Modern Family (ABC)-Pretty freaking hilarious overall. I think this one could stick. I love the Claire's husband Phil. Its not slap stick funny, but cute enough.

How cute is Uncle VP's girlfriend?


Cougar Town (ABC)-I know you were probably thinking everything I was about this show. But honestly, this IS slap stick funny! I laugh out loud almost every week! And if you are one of those that judged the book by its cover, you are missing out. Last week, for example Courtney Cox's character found the sex tape her and her ex hubby made when they were 19 and her and her girlfriends drank wine and watched the PG parts and laughed! Lets be honest, Courtney Cox is just funny.

The Good Wife (CBS)-This one IS a Drama but I kind of like where they have taken it. The show starts out with a cheating husband who happens to be the state's attorney. He was caught with hookers, steps down and is in prison currently. I like that they have made the wife's character strong, smart and pretty darn "real." I like that its not all about the cheating husband, which I originally thought it was going to be. I like that its kind of like watching an on going movie once a week. This one may not last but I am going to enjoy it while it does.

The First (and ONLY) Wives Club :)

Community-All I have to say about this one is I am giving it ONE more week. Chevy Chase is disappointing!

Hi my name is P-Daddy and I look JUST like my real Daddy! Scary huh?!

Oldies But Goodies:

Grey's Anatomy-Still a favorite but its moving on down the list. I think this merger might just be what saves them because last week's episode somewhat resembled (to me at least) the earlier days of Grey's WHERE I ACTUALLY LAUGHED!

Private Practice-I really wasn't and maybe never will be over the fact that some crazy lady cut Violet's baby out of her and they left us ALL SUMMER waiting to know what happened. Cruel. Anyway, I am not really on board with Violet's decision to give up the baby but they are staying true to her character by what they have done here which I do like. Overall, this is one of my VERY favorite shows. I do cry and don't laugh, but this is a drama worth watching in my book.

The Office (NBC)-we are serious Office followers in this house. But I have to be honest that before this season started I was kind of getting tired of the same old story line week after week. Dear Office writers, YOU TOTALLY REDEEMED YOURSELF with Pam and Jim's wedding. Thank you for that...I still watch it once a week because it makes me THAT HAPPY and its THAT FUNNY! You are back on the "A" list.

Brother's and Sisters (ABC)-Kitty (Calista Flockhart) has cancer, and I love Kitty and I love Nora (Sally Field) and every time Nora crys about anything I am right there with her. This show is UBBER dramatic but I love it. I want to be a part of this dysfunctional family and every Sunday I feel like I sort of am. And really, isn't that what TV is supposed to do for us? Take us out of our own reality and plop us right into a fake one?! Its what I am going with anyway. I heart this show.

Reality Division:

The only one noteworthy (in my opinion) is Project Runway. This show is bar none the BEST reality TV can get. Pure talent, I tell ya! Whoever thought of this was brilliant cause we women are typically the target audience and we women sure do like our clothes. Oh and I heart Heidi Klum. In my next life I would like to have her face and body. Thank you very much.

Best Show Overall (for now):

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (CBS)-Freaking awesome! Especially if you are in my age group (25-34, yes I gave you a range, deal with it). If you haven't started by now, you need to watch it! Your TIVO can catch you up because Lifetime is now showing at least two re-runs every Monday evening. Its amazing. The end.

Back soon...won't go as long this time-promise!

4 comments:

Our Happy Married Life... said...

I love when P daddy dances. I mean, I really really do! haha! And, I will never forget the wedding dance he did with me. Seriously, hysterical!

GranBecks said...

I love the pictures! Pdaddy is the dancing king! But ML and VP hold their own. (Okay, I'm the Mom!) TV talk--I do not know how you keep up! lol, I mean, I know Sesame Street, Tigger and Pooh, and Handy Manny are among the top daytime picks!

BandBbaby said...

Im loving the aqua dress on you by the way!! I ditto How I Met Your Mother and I watched the Pam and Jim wedding several times, hil-arious!! Everytime I think "of course they spoffed that YouTube video" why didn't I see that coming!!

Jodi said...

Loved this entry.. the wedding looked nice. You, Rachelle, Jacob.. everyone looked great!!! As for the tv reviews.. I love reading them and usually agree. My new favorite show.. well second fave to The Office.. Modern Family!! Freaking hilarious! Mitchell and his partner kill me! And ditto on The Office and Brothers and Sisters!

Anyway.. good entry!!!