Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Riding Around In My Automobile...

VP got JD his first "Automobile" for his birthday. JD got so many Auto's we put some of them away for the future but this particular one stayed in the living room. And why this one you ask? Because its really and AUTOmobile...meaning with the push of a button it actually takes off! It apparently goes 2 miles per hour, which prompted us to get a helmet, but I really don't buy it (which actually makes me happy, we aren't trying to raise a dare devil)...so no use for the helmet (for now...I am sure we will find a use for it at some point!

JD has played with his little auto since he received it...but never would ride it. He would push it around the room or get on and off of it but if P-Daddy or I would even try to push the power button he would slide off and move on to another toy....that is until two weeks ago right after we got back from Butler's Homecoming. He walked right up to it, got on, pushed the button and away he went! P-Daddy and I were in awe of his confidence! He doesn't know how to steer but will push that power button and ride away (until he runs into a piece of furniture...then he just burns rubber)!

Here is our little biker boy (notice the shirt, I thought it was appropriate for a biker boy!)




On a side note I want to send the warmest of THANKS to my mom who shared my entire birth story on her blog and even included some baby photos...and to my friends Amy, Kristina, and Aimee for their shoutouts on my birthday! Kristina, you are too sweet for dedicating an entire blog entry to me! You all are the greatest friends a gal could ask for! XOXOXO!

5 comments:

Our Happy Married Life... said...

oh so cute! I loved it. I don't think Paul and I really got to see him ride his automobile while we were there. And, um, I do think those are the snazzy designer jeans I bought him... Lookin good Jacob! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!! I think he might need the helmet while riding this automobile, especially when he crashes into other toys & furniture!! I think the posed picture with the adorable smile is the greatest. That needs to be blown up and framed!

Laura and Jeremy said...

What a cutie! Love that picture!

Anonymous said...

Andy and I just watched the video three times in a row. We laugh every time he busts into the toy on the kitchen floor. So hilarious.

Michelle said...

Hey Michelle-
What a cute little boy Jacob is! I saw the comment you wrote on our blog a while back and have been meaning to say hi! Hope you have a happy thanksgiving!!