Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Proud to be an American!

WOW! That will be an election to remember! I am so proud to be an American (and soo glad that the election is over...for many reasons!)

Barack Obama may not be your favorite person, you may even be leary of him, but I do believe that it is the time for us to come together as a country. Not out of tragedy but out of pride in the United States of America!

Democrate or Republican I really do believe that our future President's speech was history in the making and NOT just because he is African American but that he is the right man for the job, and NOT because he is a "smooth talker" but that he believes in this country and what we are capable of! YES WE CAN is right Mr. Obama...and we WILL!

As for John McCain...he had lost some respect from this girl but his speech last night was also amazing. Although I may not agree with the way he went about running for President I do know that he put up as big of a fight as he could. I appreciate a fighter and know that he will continue to do great things in the Senate.

Just in case you missed the original (as I did, a girls gotta sleep!) see below. You have to suffer through a commercial first but believe me, its worth it!


Watch CBS Videos Online

*I did not share my political beliefs prior to the Election because I believe it is everyone's right to vote for whom they choose, without my opinoin inserted. I also am not really a Republican or a Democrat as I look at both canidates as each election presents itself. I did not vote "straight ticket" yesterday as I usually don't.

If you feel the need to comment negatively know that it will be a waste of your breath (or fingers typing), your comment will be deleted. You do get to choose whether or not you come and read my blog...so if this post makes you not want to read it, fine and thank-you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said.

I'm pretty much a "single-issue voter"....and voted for McCain and I'm not ashamed about it... I accept that America screamed overwhelmingly that we need change and I'm up for it and have peace that this change is going to be good!

Your anonymous lurker ~ Andrea ;-)

GranBecks said...

We are all winners after yesterday. Not because we chose Obama, but because this election demonstrated to me and to so many other people that the old saying, "We can make a difference!" was taken as truth. Look at the numbers of people who voted--there is our true victory. God bless America!

mamalouise said...

Andrea-glad I didn't lose you as a lurker! Thanks for reading! I am glad you aren't ashamed of your vote and that you are with me that this change will be good! :)

Aimee said...

Three words...Yes We Did!

Our Happy Married Life... said...

Amen Sister! See you tomorrow!

Laura said...

I Love the post! And I can't even think about clicking on the link to watch the speech unlesss I am ok with crying at my desk at work. I've seen it at least three times since Tuesday night and it gets me everytime.

The Kishtons said...

That was a great speech that I missed on election night, but I am glad I finally took the time to watch it. YES WE CAN!