Thursday, February 4, 2010

Blogging about nothing

I have realized this task, you know, the one that has me sit down to write about "nothing" is harder than it once was. But today I am going to do just that.



I have the winter blues or am allergic to winter. Walking in a Winter Wonderland is only fun if and when it is done at Christmas. Thought about going tanning to let the "sun" shine on my face but I haven't done this in years because I don't want my skin to be leather by the time I am 35. It may be anyway considering all the time I USED to spend in those things and the fact that I didn't start wearing sunscreen until...umm...last year?! So I can't undo what is already done but I don't want to do more...but I was thinking it would help. We just got word from Mr. Weatherman that we should expect 8 INCHES of snow this weekend. Stupid groundhog.



I have been working out consistently for over a year...part of which I even had a personal trainer. Due to this fact alone, I think I should be skinnier. Just sayin...not freaking out...just sayin...oh and that my lovely prego stretch marks...yeah wishing those would have magically dissapeared too. Just sayin.


I have been pretty diligently looking for a job as of late. I was even offered a job in early December. I didn't take it, wasn't right for me and the fam. Trying to figure out what is right for all of us that accomplishes what I really want to do is not an easy task. I never would have thought I could have or would have enjoyed this stay at home gig as much as I have. But this momma needs an outlet. Its what I am good at...working. Everything is organized in our home, and JD is so so so ready for an outlet himself that doesn't include his momma.



P-Daddy and I are going on a cruise to the Greek Isles this spring. He won this big trip through work. We will fly into Venice, Italy and then go from there. I have never been abroad and kind of hate flying but the closer this trip comes the more excited I get.



GranBeck's is moving here very soon. I couldn't be more excited! WE couldn't be more excited! You never know how nice it would be to have your parents close until you have a child. I haven't lived in the same city as my mother since I was in high school. Long time...can't wait!



Volunteering for my former sorority keeps me young. Or makes me feel young again. Something like that...but I enjoy it none-the-less. Going back to our former campus floods memories, good ones in my head. College students don't know how good they have it. I sure didn't.



JD is talking up a storm and I love it! He is able to communicate what he wants or needs and I couldn't be happier. A lot of women get frustrated with the repatativeness of their toddler's words. I revel in it (most of the time) because I realize he is just so excited to be able to say whatever he is saying. Kind of like I get excited to say whatever I am sayin and Lord knows I have been sayin lots of words a lot of the time for a long time. Just sayin.


I recently bought these amazing shoes from WHBM and have still never worn them. They are those fabulous shoes that I fear may sit in my closet for a few years before I am ever brave enough to wear them. *GASP*...I think I bought shoes that are more fashionable than me! HA! They are gorgeous though and when I do bust them out everyone will be talking don't you worry. Now...to find that perfect outfit to go with them...


Speaking of clothes...I recently dove into the deep end of the pool and purchased skinny jeans. I said I would NEVER do this but I have enough tall boots that I really wanted to wear over jeans that I caved. I rock them. They are basically denim spandex. They are so comfortable I want to sleep in them. I still feel like they are "tight rolled" at the bottom (if you were in middle/high school in the nineties you know what I am talking about) but I am not going to lie, I wish I had 20 pairs. It is scaring me though that COLORED jeans are coming back in? I hated fashion in the 80's and colored jeans feels very 80's. But so does spandex jeans I guess...damnit if that means I will be rocking electric blue dyed denim next season!



Side note: I still stand by only wearing my skinny jeans with boots that hide the fact that they are skinny. Can't rock high heels with them. I am pretty sure (no-POSITIVE) I would look ridiculous.



I have been leaving church sort of angry lately. Mostly because the sermon's are just ludacris (if you ask me of course). A few Sunday's ago we went, they read the verses of that week, I really liked said verses (and was excited to hear how Mr. Priest was going to relate to them to the real world), and then the priest stood up and discussed the fact that people should treat church like they would a wedding and dress up because it is distracting to him if people show up in Colts jersey's.
REALLY?
We are really going to focus an entire sermon on what people wear?
Do you not realize Mr. Priest that your church is PACKED this and every Sunday?
That these people come to listen to the word of God and to have you make sense of it all?
So that day, everyone left feeling shamed if they were wearing or had ever chosen to wear a jersey to church and heard nothing about how much God LOVED THEM? PS-don't think I am angry about this because P-Daddy and I were one of those people...we aren't the jersey type personally...but we were wearing jeans and apparently that is also not good enough either. Don't get me started. Maybe I wouldn't have been as angry if we hadn't already sat through an entire sermon on how birth control of any form is abortion. UGH! We need a new church.


Interesting that church talk was the longest paragraph...I guess we really do need to find a new place of worship.

I am making Rachel Ray's Shepherds Pie tonight for dinner...30 minutes my ass. But I don't care, I love to cook and if it takes me two hours I will be fine with it. Just sayin...no way its 30 minutes. Maybe if its pretty and delicious I will take a picture and share the recipe. I should do that more often...because people like looking at pretty food.

Thats all I got. Happy Hump Day!

6 comments:

Aimee said...

Okay, you should wear your jeans and WHBM shoes on Saturday! I thought the same thing about the heels/skinny jeans, but you can do it! I also must hear about the shepherd's pie considering my mom still makes it for me and freezes it...slightly pathetic I realize.

mamalouise said...

Aimee as flattered as I am that you are saying I could rock the heels and skinny jeans I just need to remind you that I don't have your long slendor legs. You DO rock that look and its fabulous...me and my umpa loompa legs will pass. :) Side note: I am wearing BU gear this round. :) Shepherds Pie=easy! But if your momma is still willing, I say let her do it! Thats not pathetic, thats amazing!

Exgf said...

I totally agree with you that skinny jeans are only for under big tall boots. I have been thinking about caving as well and buying a pair but my thunder thighs and skinny jeans just really aren't a match.

A few years ago I cut off a pair of my jeans that Neimans hemmed to short and wear those under my boots; but then if I'm going to someone's house I can't ever take off my boots b/c underneath I look like huck fin.

If you are into shoes....

Look into shoedazzle.com. It's a shoe of the month club for a flat $40. I buy a new pair every month and I love them! In fact my pair that is coming next week is a new pair of tall suede camel color knee high boots with a 2.5inch heel! so excited!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend!!!!!!

Kristina said...

A few things...

1)I feel the winter blues creeping up on me too...and I sympathize about the expected snow fall this weekend. Sorry to hear....
2)So excited for your cruise, can't wait to see pictures!
3)Your mom is moving there!!!!!! I didn't know that. That is very great news for all of you!
4)DG...aww the good ole days.
5)Rock your new shoes now!
and I agree, pair them with the skinny jeans. It will look great.
I hate colored jeans too.
6)let me know how the shepherds pie turns out. Would love to see and get recipe.
and most of all
miss you always!

mamalouise said...

Exgf-thanks for stopping by this here blog! :) I am not a shoe-a-holic but when I find a great pair I will purchase them...its the wearing them part that I sometimes suck at. I am sure btw that you would look just fine in skinny jeans. If I can rock them anyone can. Oh and I have seen a picture of you because I found your OTHER blog...and you don't have thunder thighs.

Kristina-how in the world are you going to jump on Aimee's bandwagon when it comes to me in skinny jeans and heels? I am in shock and awe of this because you of all people know that I am short and have stumpy legs! Yes, I will give myself that they are muscular...but you can't tell that in jeans!! On a side note I think it is necessary that we talk soon. I miss you lots!

Sounds like I should do a whole blog on the shepherds pie! Very yummy!

SulliDadChicago said...

I'm not happy about your church experience. I mean, I'm not a big fan of the Colts either, but if it means a guy is going to show up and participate in a church activity then I say Boiler Up!! Er, Go Colts. I'm not certain what skinny jeans are.(this is Molly's NASCAR loving husband, by the way) I'm finally diving into your site here. Awesome stuff.