Saturday, December 13, 2008

Tivo Talk Volume 3

So I have been a slacker in many blogging terms lately and that includes my talk of the beloved television shows. I thought it was time to update (considering the shows are all saying their holiday goodbye's and we are left high and dry with re-runs to watch for a few weeks). Not to worry though...for those who aren't big fans of my Tivo Talk blogs...I did include some updated JD pictures, it was necessary right? :)

Now lets get down to business:
Private Practice-I don't even think I have touched on this show and it is one of my favs this season for sure. Reason #1-its set in southern California, a place that is special to me and also has the most fantabulous weather in the country. Reason #2 I love to hate and hate to love Addison Shepherd. Reason #3-I love the storyline, its cheesy and predictable at times but I always find myself enveloped in the show each week (and hanging on the edge of my seat for next week!)

Mom, you gotta tell them that we do A LOT more than watch TV around here...like basketball! We love basketball!

The Hills-you knew this was coming...ARE.YOU.KIDDING.ME that Spencer and Heidi eloped? Nighmare! I mean lets put the show a side for one second and really think about this. Its sincerely offensive to what marriage means to most to see the two of them walk down the aisle. I do not know what he has on her but its gotta be something right? Can I get an AMEN sistas? I am still in awe of the lives these people lead. And Lauren's parents home? C'mon is it even real? If so, in my next life I would like to come back and live there please.

I also help Daddy when he tightens the gate (even though I don't know why I do that because I LOVE to escape and a loose gate would make it easier for me to do so...but I LOVE to help Daddy!)

Dirty Sexy Money-Unfortunately this one is being cancelled (according to USA Today) and I am sad about it. As trashy as it is and completely unrealistic it is still entertaining as heck! Its always interesting to be able to see a glimpse into the lives of the rich and famous and I think the writers of this show were hitting the nail on the head with the random drama that goes along with having money. Some of it a stretch of course, but fun to watch!

We also mow the carpet A LOT! I swear its hard work to keep up with "cleaning" the house around here!

Desperate Housewives-Okay so I have to admit that Lifetime now plays old episodes of DH during the day and I HATE daytime television so I have been re-watching a lot of the early episodes lately. They SUCK! I don't know how I ever started watching this show because they were so dumb it was RIDICULOUS! However, I think the show has turned a corner because I am officially addicted. Maybe its because they have developed the character's so well I feel like I know them?! (I know I am ridiculous). Also, on a side note they are constantly mentioning the Indianapolis Colts AND I noticed that in one of the older episodes someone was reading an "Indianapolis Monthly" magazine in one of the scenes?! Please tell me that Wysteria Lane is not supposed to be in Indiana??

We go to the grocery store too...and I get to ride in a fun car!

The Starter Wife-I don't know if I mentioned this in the first Tivo Talk however it is a pretty cute show. Again set in California (but in LA) and it is an interesting story line. I didn't catch the first season (or I think it may have been a mini series on another network) but its about a woman who was married to a big film director who divorces her and she is "starting over." Except she is starting over in the heart of LA with her "old life" all around her because they had a daughter together and so there is the school, old friends etc. I heart Debra Messing who is the divorcee(which is why I started to watch the show in the first place) and I really do enjoy her character. If you haven't tuned in, its on USA and the season finale was this past Friday evening. If you are a USA watcher at all, you know that there will be plenty a Sunday's where there will be a "Starter Wife" marathon (just in case you want to tune in).

We read LOTS of books too! I recently discovered that I love books so I make sure mommy and daddy read to me a lot!

Boston Legal-although the series finale was HOKEY, you will be missed!
Saturday Night Live-If you didn't catch this last week you missed out. Andy Samberg (sp?) is HILARIOUS is all I have to say!
That really covers it for now! Get excited for 2009 though as Friday Night Lights and Scrubs returns and The City starts on MTV! More shows to love! :)

3 comments:

GranBecks said...

I enjoyed your update for TIVO and I loveddddd JD's update!! He is the coolest! We just had a discussion about how they are cancelling shows like Eli Stone and other good dramas! We decided they (Hollywood) feels these are way more expensive to produce. Reality TV gives them more bang for their buck! As usual, mmoney makes the world go around. I don't know the solution, but I would love to hear all of your's! By the way, just north of LA where we dwell, it is chilly tonight! Probably in the high 30's!! And there will be snow on the mountaintops off in the distance tomorrow morning.

Aimee said...

I share your love for Private Practice and Desperate Housewives is the trainwreck I can't stop watching. Cute pics this week-I love the basketball pics, he looks so old! My husband will also appreciate the SNL shout out!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your comments about The Hills!! Are you kidding me about the big elopement...she was smashed the whole time! Matt LOVES the show, he can TRY to pretend he watches it for me, but the truth is...he is ADDICTED to The Hills! R