Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cookie Cutters: Making a boy out of our baby

Today we did what we should have done eons ago...took JD to get his very first REAL LIFE haircut. He was growing a rather lovely mullet according to many and as much as we loved the hillbilly attention (pardon the sarcasm)...it was time. He had a lot of hair and I didn't even know where to begin. For Halloween we even joked that we could have pulled off "Donald Trump" instead of the monkey because when his hair would blow in the wind it looked straight like the Donald. HA!

Mullet baby (said in the most endearing of ways)...and yes GranBeck we opened your Christmas present early! We couldn't resist!

HE LOVES IT!

The first time we cut JD's hair it was on his first birthday and it went OKAY. We just did a trim around the ears, neck and face. The second time was about a month ago and, well, one would probably say it didn't go as well. He kind of left the situation with what looked like a "fade" on one side of his head. So after that debacle we decided the next time would be with a professional.

Cookie Cutters is this fabulous little kid salon! Addy and Lilly went last week and left with adorable little hairdo's and their mommy gave us a coupon (which I think may have been a "hint, hint" to get us to finally go, which we appreciate) so away we went!
The fabulous part about Cookie Cutters is they let you pick out a movie, put them in this cute little car, and then they start working away (as fast as they can). At first he was confused I think. So he was just kind of bobbing and weaving (but this amazing woman was still cutting away and NOT giving him a "fade"), then came an all out tantrum that included real tears and shaking (she is still cutting by the way...I really do think this is a talent). This is when the movie kicked into high gear as it made a noise that he found intriguing and stopped crying at once to begin "talking" to us! Then she pulled out the little electric hair trimmer to go around his ears and back of his neck...and we actually saw a SMILE! I don't think I captured it well on camera, but you will just have to trust me...it was a smile (I think it tickled)! The transformation was amazing, he went from mullet baby to a "professional" looking boy (insert mommy tear).

Mom...I am not so sure about this...

Am I a baby supermodel? This kind of feels like "star" treatment...

Make her stop!! I was kidding about the star treatment...I hate this!

This is UNBEARABLE!

Oh...a comb, that looks like fun! I am better now!

What are you looking at? I know...it wasn't that bad! I had to cry for the dramatics mom, you know that!

So toddlers first REAL haircut was a success! We even went to the mall afterward and finished our Christmas shopping! He is growing up so fast...

Baby Boy Model Pose #1

Baby Boy Model Pose #2

Enough! Peace out people!

6 comments:

Our Happy Married Life... said...

Aw, he looks so grown up. How cute is his new do!! Yes, I am changing your blog address right now...pipe down over there mamalouise... :)

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH, his new do is SO cute. He is SO grown up, I can't believe it! What a fun day!

Anonymous said...

AWWW...he looks adorable and very grown up! A true super model! It's amazing how those hair dressers continue through the screaming and tears!
Richelle

Aimee said...

The coupon wasn't a hint...promise! But he does look so damn cute--glad it worked out, just in time for pics on x-mas day!

GranBecks said...

He is Grandma's handsome boy! I miss you everyday, JD.

Joseph, Mackenzie, Annabelle and Willa Coan said...

He is such a little man with that haircut. That place looks amazing. I do not know when Annabelle will have her first haircut.