Wednesday, September 17, 2008

JD is ONE!

It still hasn't sunk in that one year ago JD was just a little peanut! He now looks (and sometimes acts) like what we would consider a 3 year old (even though we have no concept of what a three year old looks or acts like).

Saturday (his actual birthday) was a great day! We kind of celebrated with sugar all day (which is funny because other than the occasional Gerber Puff he really hasn't had anything with sugar in it). There were definetely a few firsts on his FIRST birthday...
First Doughnut...


First Haircut...

First Ice Cream Cone...



It was weird to put him to sleep on his birthday for one reason or another. I kind of didn't want the day to end. I literally remember (almost) everything from the day he was born and I kept picturing that day, all of the visitors, trying to learn how to use a breast pump, snuggling with our beautiful new baby boy, the hospital outfits for him...I don't know just everything and I guess I wanted to feel the same way about his FIRST birthday. I wanted to soak it all in so that next year I would have lots of nostalgia that I can keep growing on.

Sunday we woke up to what P-Daddy and I like to call "chinese firedrill"...we seriously didn't stop moving all day! It was PARTY time and we had to get us ready, JD ready, and the house ready. Luckily I had been a bit of a psycho leading up to this special day so there really wasn't much to do with the house other than lay out the food (so that is my case as to why it is okay to be a psycho pre-planner...no stress the day of!). Anyway...it was a good time!

We are big (okay maybe HUGE) Colts fans so we themed the party accordingly! It was a fun theme that the adults and kiddos could all get involved in! The weather was crappy so most of the day was spent inside but we made the best of it!

Addy, Lilly and Jdub came to help their friend celebrate...it was lots of fun watching them play together!

JD had his first cupcake (and we realized that he is a doughnut man because he LOVED the doughnut and really didn't like the cake so much).



He got THREE baby cars!! Apparently people are into him driving at a young age! Thanks to VP, one of the cars is even motorized (and YES the box says "ages 12-36 months"...I think its crazy because it goes 2 miles per hour-we bought a helmet).

It was a wonderful first birthday that I know he will only remember due to the hundreds of pictures I took and I am thankful that we were able to do this! Thank you to all who came, saw and conquered the first year with us! Here is to many, many, many more!

PS-So I did make a video, but along with the computer crashing so went the video. Yes, of course I have it burned to like a hundred DVD's but I can't seem to get it reloaded to the computer to then load it onto blogger. If and when I can become a computer geek and figure this out, you will see JD starring in his first movie!
PSS-I am sorry that I have been away for a while...AGAIN. Its because the storm we had the day of JD's party knocked out our DSL and I have been without internet! I think we are good now...officially with a squeeky clean computer and a brand new DSL box!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

wCute pictures! I'm glad you are back online--I missed you!

Unknown said...

Looks like the party was a blast! Sorry we had to miss it. Love Jacob's flip flops!!! And I so love the Colt's cupcakes. I may just have to hire you for Brody's 1st Birthday Bash!!!

Our Happy Married Life... said...

Very cute! I love the picture of Jacob standing holding the colts cup. Those sandals are adorable! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous pics! I wish I could have made the party! :( You are such a great mom!! Did you seriously buy a helmet? That's hilarious!! I haven't checked the blog in a while, so I have some catching up to do...