Monday, September 22, 2008

10 Years Ago in Dvegas...

...I graduated from high school! Actually 10 years ago right now I was a couple weeks into being a freshmen in college. That is CRAZY to me!

This weekend was my 1o year reunion. Myself, and good friends Talia and Nikki were the planners so we have been working on this for about a year. As far as class reunions go, I think we did a pretty darn good job (not to pat us on the back or anything!). The only hard thing about planning is getting people to RSVP which was extremely challenging. We definitely had a lot of people show up that didn't say they were coming but of course we were very glad to welcome them!

Talia, Nikki and I

We started off the weekend at a local watering hole that we frequent when we go home. Papa President and VP came out for this which was a great time! I seriously don't think that I stopped talking that night and the next day when I thought about it I was hoping that everyone around me had a few to many too (which turns out they did so my chatter box self wasn't even a blip on the radar-whew) The next evening was the actual class reunion at our local country club. We just made CD's with both casual and dance music not knowing what mood the crowd would be in. Turns out...they all wanted to watch our ridiculously long senior video (its for real 30 minutes) followed up by our senior show. It was fun to watch it with everyone!

VP,Papa President and me

My oldest friends Sara, Annie, Mandy and me

I was excited to go back to good old Dvegas and do some serious reminiscing. There were good friends (I mean girls I went K-12 with) that I hadn't seen in probably close to 10 of those years. That is sad to me that we lost touch (and I am hoping to stay in touch so we don't go another 10 years) BUT we did pick up right where we left off as if no time had passed. I think we all kind of fell back into our ways for a split second too. P-Daddy kept making fun of me as I would go and chat saying "just leave me and go be popular." Which is funny to me because even though I ran in what most would consider a "popular" crowd in high school I never really felt popular. As I write that I even feel dumb because at this point IT DOESN'T MATTER and I love that(but I am not going to lie that 10 years ago it did-which is why I think women get excited about their late twenties and early thirties because all of that jazz is ancient history)! Everyone mingled with everyone and it was wonderful! P-Daddy was an amazing husband and date as usual! We had a wonderful time!

Nikki, me, Amy and Talia

Us!

My good girlfriends

As we took the group photo of the class of 1998 we definetely starting cheering like high schoolers all of our old high school cheers! Ha! So here is to the class of 1998! I am so proud of all of my friends. They are all amazing people that are doing wonderful things with their lives!

DHS is the best (or at least the class of 98 is!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the blog! Thank you so much for all of your help with the planning, the CD's were awesome! I had so much fun seeing everyone and catching up and even seeing you considering I feel like we never see each other and we live 20 min away from one another. We need to get together more often! I always love being with Michelle Louise!