Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cookie Time!

Its Cookie Time, Cookie Time, Coo-kie TI-ME! Who else LOVED Beverly Hills What a Thrill? Aka-Troop Beverly Hills the movie! Early 90's classic if you ask me!

Anyway, thought I would share the cookie love in blogger world today with a new recipe I made up this year*! With JD's peanut allergy the last few years I have felt rather limited on my Christmas cookie baking because everything I USED to make included peanut butter. But alas, I have gone back to the drawing board and come up with something I think is fun and different!

Introducing: Sugary White Chocolate Candy Cane Cookie Cups

Ingredients:
1 cup butter flavored shortening (or you could use just one cup unsalted butter)
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
2 teaspoons of cream of tarter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 bags of white chocolate chips
1 package of candy canes, crushed
Mini muffin pan
Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Mix Shortening (or butter), sugar and eggs until creamy. (use hand mixer)

Mix the flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. (Just use a wooden spoon for this)

Mix together the wet and dry ingredients with a wooden spoon.

Take 1 inch pieces of dough and push into the bottom of your mini muffin pan (I used a dark non-stick muffin pan so I didn't have to grease it...use your own discretion for what you own). Bake for approximately 10 min or until dough is brown around the edges (all of mine also kind of rose and fell in the oven...I always took out right when the centers fell). Have your white chocolate chips and crushed candy canes handy because you will want to sprinkle each cup with a few chips and candy canes right out of the oven! Let them cool a bit in the muffin tin and then pop them out on a cooling rack for the remainder of the cooling process!





Makes about 48 mini's.
*FYI/Disclaimer-Cookie Recipe is actually a Snickerdoodle recipe (minus the cinnamon and sugar) I found on www.allrecipes.com a few years back that I LOVE. Also, I am quite aware that I am probably not the first to think of this recipe so I claim no rights to it at all. :)

No comments: