Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A month?

How did this happen? November seriously went by in the blink of an eye. And I have been TERRIBLE about blogging. Terrible. A month people...that's just not like me.


So in a nutshell...or a blink of an eye...here is what I have been up to (cause I just know you are curious).


Turned 30, celebrated with friends and family at a surprise party P-Daddy put together.


Saw Oprah's LAST (two) Favorite Things...this is momentous people, don't hate. And just in case you were wondering the peeps who were at the FIRST round got it so much better.


Found out we are having a BABY GIRL...and for those 5 of you who voted, thank you for your patronage. Your GRAND PRIZE is being CORRECT! Go you!


Created and ordered our 2010 Christmas Card and stressed WAY too much about this.


JD started and finished his first round of swim lessons. Round two coming soon! I am pretty sure he will be swimming by himself this summer (no floatation devices needed) and we are pumped about this.


Found a new lady to get my hair did by and love her.


Pretty sure I was ill with a cold half the month (this pregnancy is kicking my immune system's bootie...but in other news that same bootie seems to be not getting as LARGE this time-can I get a WOOHOO, and a knock on wood for good measure...)


Started purchasing 5T clothing for my 3 year old and am pretty damn sad about it. He is giant Toddler officially.


Bought a new (fake) Christmas tree and decked our halls.

JD started soccer and did fabulous on his first day! They give these little guys and gals uniforms which I find HILARIOUS and love it. He really was a sweaty mess after the 50 minute class!

Watched Butler get beat by Duke...again. Brutal.


Started to feel baby girl move around, always fun...wish she would cut out the bladder kicking though! Its her current favorite!!

Finally ordered a family stamp and I am super excited about this. I am OVER return address labels and feel so fancy now! :)


Took my car into the shop 3 times (or rather P-Daddy did this) and got super annoyed about it because the problem was a defect that they wouldn't fix until each "coil" went out. We are finally fixed but and it was FREE but I am over having car issues!!

FINALLY hired a painter and getting the rest of our house painted. Every color has been chosen, the floors have been covered in plastic and the painting starts TOMORROW! woohoo!

Implemented a "chore chart" for JD...the "chores" are currently
Eating a good dinner (meaning at least one sampling of each item on the plate)
cleaning up toys at the end of each day
going to bed ONCE (he has been known to reappear downstairs and have to be put BACK in bed)
staying in bed ALL NIGHT, until its light outside (also been known to appear at my bedside in the middle of the night and freak this momma out)

Still working on what the "rewards" should be...don't want them to be too complicated or food oriented. Perplexed...

I have done a ridiculous amount of baking! Which I plan on sharing the wealth of the recipes soon with all of you, so get yourself excited! :)

Happy December! Happy Advent!

No comments: