Sunday, March 14, 2010

You Give Me Fever

We sure have Spring Fever around these here parts. It was one busy week and I have to say I loved every second of it! We went from the dog days of winter (pretty sure that's not a real phrase but I am going to stick with it), being sick with the oh so fun stomach flu as a family (note: I do not recommend) to bright sunny skies, the mounds of snow still in our driveway officially melting, and lots of activities to enjoy...all in a weeks time! So...FEVER it is!



Because I am apparently so proud of all that was accomplished in this week (and maybe just a little bit hoping that the weeks ahead we be just as full, and blogging about it will ensure that right? :) I thought I would spell it out here. Read on if you wish...stalk pictures if you must. :)



Sunday kicked things off for me with a girls only Oscars get together. I have to say, this was so fun I could just (insert something funny right here...like pee myself or something). I haven't watched the Oscars with women in too long to even think about. Its just not the same with the hubs. He doesn't understand why I HATED Charlize Theron's dress, or SJP's hair...but they sure did. And we all judged together. And it was super fun. Totally doing this every year now.










Monday we went to the park in our neighborhood and then to Chick-Fil-A for dinner because Mr. JD was being a bit of a pickle (probably because he caught the FEVER too and I think its a bit overwhelming for a 2 year old) and they have an indoor playground. Funny story: everyone else had this idea too. Funnier story: a grandmother (who happened to have no teeth) decided to be super excited about our son. I am normally cool with this but she crossed the line and ended up making P-Daddy and I SUPER uncomfortable. She started with just wanting a hug from JD, then wanted him to say he loved her, then started tickling him...and then we left. I felt all yucky.




Tuesday JD had school while Aimee and I went to lunch at the hospital to visit Godmom. We never do this and it was so much fun! Jimmy Johns and good conversation in the middle of the day, love it.

Wednesday we had a scheduled Playdate with our group but only two of us could make it. So...we decided to go to a spin class together (we belong to the same gym) and then go to Chick-Fil-A with our kiddos and let them run out some energy (whats funny about Chick-Fil-A coming up twice in one week is that, well its just funny. We aren't really eater-outers) No creepy people were at Chick-Fil-A. Victory.

Wednesday night I went to the mall and bought more skinny jeans (and later wore them with flats...gasp I know...I already broke my "I won't wear skinny jeans with anything but boots that go over them" rule. I liked it though. I liked it a lot. I'm gonna do it again). I also had dinner with Gdub and JBU, sans children. Good wine, good food, great conversation. Lots of laughs. Don't be jealous.

Thursday morning I tried to go to this "body works" class that I adore at my gym (its weight lifting) but unfortunately because I didn't get there an hour early I was not able to attend (if you don't sense my annoyance with this please allow me to let you know right here and right now, this annoys me) so I did my own thang. Never the same though, never the same. Then JD and I drove to Dvegas (my hometown) to have lunch with Papa President and Uncle VP. So fun. Need to do that more often.

Friday P-Daddy took the day off and we took JD to the Children's Museum. Always a great time, always a great nap day. P-Daddy had never been with us so this was super fun for me to watch my boys enjoy this together!


Saturday we braved Walmart in the AM (and I have to say it wasn't bad at all) as we were trying to get some errands out of the way for our big trip we have coming up (more on that later). Nothing was really accomplished but we did detour to Marshalls and I found the perfect chair for my vanity in our bathroom. Uncle VP came over last night and we made homemade ribs, fried cauliflower and mushrooms. P-Daddy rocked it out with the ribs ("I had ribs for lunch, that's why I'm doing this"), they were DELICIOUS!

Today, well, if you don't know what today is then you are weird. Its Selection Sunday! We are throwing a little last minute party in honor of this event. Some pizza, some beer and the beginning of the best tournament there is. Go Bulldogs. I mean GO BULLDOGS!!

Happy Week. Happy Girl. Happy Spring!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Phew! I'm exhausted just reading about it, but fun nonetheless....so good to see a new season!

BandBbaby said...

Love the Oscar party idea, I needed that! My husband doesn't understand why I love to watch the hours of red carpet prior to the awards! Totally agree with SJP and Charlise's dress by the way. Happy Spring!