Sunday, March 21, 2010

Branding

So we are deep into the Madness of March, highlighters in toe and have completely out-bracketed ourselves (if that all makes sense). If you aren't in the know, our Alma Mater played yesterday and are headed to the SWEET SIXTEEN BABY!! GO BULLDOGS!!

Side note: I don't think I have EVER done this poorly on my bracket picks. Thank you Kansas and Villanova. Although the Kansas game was unbelievable to watch. I do love upsets, I just wish I had picked them! :)

Yes, the Butler Men's Basketball squad (I like that word) has done a great job with branding themselves as a team to watch out for (Brad Stevens for President!) in the last decade...but that isn't where I am going to go with the whole branding bit.

Needless to say, JD shocked his momma the other day in the department of words...him saying words that is. He grabbed one of the (way too many) receipts out of my purse and said "Walmart mommy." And low and behold, it was a Walmart receipt. He can't read. He JUST started talking in 4 word sentences and even those sometimes don't make a whole lot of sense. I at that point hugged him and then looked at him as if he had 5 heads, and then told him he was brilliant. I mean I already thought the brilliant thing (don't all mothers?) but really? Logos?

So I tested him and put Target, Kroger, and Walmart receipts in front of him. He name them ALL! Just went one by one and named them. Again, he CAN'T READ! So hats off to these stores because I would have never thunk it. Apparently they brain washed me too (especially Target) with their mad branding skills because I don't think Walmart's is especially smart...but smart enough for a 2 year old to recognize it. So smarter than I thought. Due to my obsession with Target I am thinking that these three stores will probably have patron for life! :)







3 comments:

Our Happy Married Life... said...

oh my gosh- this is HILARIOUS! love his small paul shirt too! but really, how much did you buy at Kroger? were you out of everything?? :) that is one LONG receipt. haha!

Aimee said...

laughing out loud...so funny! He's gonna end up in PR or working in brand promotion down the road :-)

SulliDadChicago said...

That is really cool stuff. Branding is really intriguing to me.