Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wordy Wednesday

I haven't rambled in a while and thought today, on this dreary rainy Wednesday, I would. :)

Fun times in February! Outside and playing at the playground with mommy (PS-excuse my bad hair day and paleness...i wasn't expecting a spring type photo shoot in mid February!) :)



First off, The Grammys. Amazing. I love all of the artists getting together and singing remixes of each other's songs.



Coldplay. Coldplay. Coldplay. I HEART THEM! I have hearted them for years but they just keep getting better. And then I saw Chris Martin (lead singer) on 60 minutes Sunday night and I fell in love even more. It helps that I heart his wife too (Gweneth...yes we are on a first name basis...I think she may mention me as her Best Friend Forever on Oprah today...ha!)


Carrie Underwood. I used to tear up every time I saw her sing because I just think she is fabulous and SO GOOD! Now I just smile and stare in aww of how good she is! She, Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson, even Clay Aiken make me believe American Idol really is worth watching (although it is becoming more dramatically painful to sit through).

Justin (we are on a first name basis too...and don't pretend like you don't know who I am talking about). I have to admit that I went to TWO NSYNC concerts while in college. And they both ROCKED! I would do it again for sure. I have yet to see solo artist Justin in concert but it is on my list because he is so dreamy (can I get an AMEN from the ladies out there).

Neil Diamond, a Great American music icon...so glad he showed up and sang for us! Loved it!

That sums up my favorites BUT don't get me wrong...the Grammy's were amazing in every way!

Sad about Chris Brown...I like him.

Ohh...and by the way "Swagger Like Us" (I told you I heart rap)

*****

I haven't been sleeping well lately and it is driving me crazy. I have no problem falling asleep but I wake up about a million times in the night and can't seem to REALLY fall back asleep. Annoying. I am still a ball of energy through the day though which is weird to me because I am normally a girl that needs her slumber. I took Tylenol PM so often towards the end of pregnancy (don't judge the doc said it was safe) that I think I am immune. I took some the other night in the middle of the night because I could not fall back asleep and it made me even more awake than I already was. Sweet.

Maybe I can't sleep because of this :)






I am the girl that can't turn off her brain...but also the one that ends up dreaming weird as heck dreams because of it. The brain activity doesn't normally keep me up. Just a phase I guess (and hope) because being awake in the middle of the night STINKS! I am scared of the dark people and I watch WAY too much 48 Hours Mystery so I get scared.

*****

I never talk about Target but I feel as though I should because it is one of my favorite places. I love the actual place (Super Target though not the "Great Value" variety...cause its NOT the same).


Lets drive this somewhere mom!

Did you know that Target has some of the shortest stocked shelves of all of the "super stores" because they completely cater to women and we ladies aren't normally all that tall. I think that is brilliant. They also only sell 12 packs of pop because it is easier for women to pick them up and we end up purchasing more because of it. I am sure there is more but all of that is so simple yet so great and is probably part of the reason I love to go there.

Don't you just love their commercials too..."ba ba ba ba...this is a brand new day"...just a happy song for a happy store!

Its such a happy place. You should go...especially on a day like today when its rainy and dreary and you need a bright and happy and red place! :)


Okay...we can drive this to Target...if you insist!


But I think we need to get gas first...or do I have gas? Which is it?


*****


I never talk about working out either because I don't find it necessary to do so. Today I will only because I have REALLY been enjoying it lately. Its not that I don't enjoy it normally, but I have REALLY been enjoying it. Which is weird because of the sleep thing.

I used to be a workout-a-holic towards the end of high school and beginning of college. And then I loathed it for many reasons (another day, another blog). Now I really appreciate it in my life again! I'm normally either an all or nothing kind of gal and with this I am trying to find a balance so that it will always be a part of my life. :)

Hey Brody...you are a baby too but smaller...want to play?



P-Daddy and I have had personal trainers since October and we both have really enjoyed it. They have taught us so much about the right thing to do while spending time at the gym and how to maximize our time. I don't want to give mine up...but I won't have to for a while because we signed up for a year! :) But...the reason I bring them up is that today I just found out that my PT was a professional football player! He failed to mention that to me so we will be having words next week. :)


Too many cameras...can't focus...but Brody smiled for the picture! So cute!

I started doing classes at the gym last week and this week which may have something to do with it. Classes are better than the treadmill. Spinning though...I don't know somedays I would take the treadmill over spinning. I do feel so blessed to have the opportunity to go the gym, give JD a little face time with some children his age, and stay healthy because of it!

You can clap your hands? ME TOO! Lets clap together!!

While we are on working out/weight loss (because as women don't they go hand in hand?)...I was forwarded THIS BLOG last night from a friend. If you are a mom of any kind read THIS POST. I think she sums this subject up well (and completely describes how I feel and have felt post baby at times).

Lets talk Brody...I think we should figure out a way to stay babies forever. Our mommies take such good care of us...its just too good to be true! :)



*****


P-Daddy and I are going out with friends on Friday night. By going out I mean a whole group of friends from college and us are getting together at a Butler Basketball Game (Go DAWGS!), then heading out to our old stomping grounds called Broadripple to enjoy some adult beverages.

UncleBadgeman and R are babysitting...and by babysitting I mean the kind where they come over and spend the night so we have no time limit to get home! We've never done this since JD was born so we are excited (and therefore will probably have one too many of those adult beverages and will probably have to bribe our favorite babysitters to stay for a bit on Saturday while we lay around moaning about the bright lights). :)



*****


Last but CERTAINLY not least....(drumroll please.....)




I want to send a BIG HEARTFELT CONGRATS ON THEIR ENGAGEMENT TO....

UNCLE BADGEMAN AND R


YEY for them and YEY for getting my very own Sister (even if she only technically of the "in law" version...still closer to a sister than I have ever been!)


Happy Wordy Wednesday Everyone!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post! Such cute pictures of the BMAN & JD, we had lots of fun with you guys yesterday! I caught you yawning a few times though, so that would explain it! I too, have not been sleeping well this week & seem to have the same problem as you. If you figure it out please let me know! Oh & I am also scared of the dark, I always think I hear noises & ALWAYS think someone is in our house! It definitely makes for a long night when Sam is out of town! Have a ton of fun on Fri. night, good for you guys for getting out & having fun. We too are having a night out on the town on w/ dinner & a concert...we might be in the same boat as you on Sat. morning! Have lots of fun! Love you!

Andrea said...

So, don't know if you're trying or what, but I was going through the SAME sleeping issues...then I found out I was preggers! Might want to take a test! hahaha;-)

I have can't turn off the brain syndrome too, but my saving grace was going out on the couch... Don't know why, but I would fall right back to sleep once laid down out there...

Hope it gets better soon!

mamalouise said...

T-we had so much fun having you and Bman over too and I think the pics turned out great! I will email you the original files so you can upload them to your own shutterfly account! :) Sorry I yawned...I know you mentioned that "mommy needed a nap too" and I didn't know what you were talking about! Apparently I didn't realize how tired I really was! Sorry you are having the same problem! I am hoping it goes away soon! Maybe we should schedule slumber parties when Sam goes out of town! ;) Love you too!

Andrea-not at all trying to get prego and 100% know I am not too. :) I have actually had this problem on and off since JD was born. Its just in the "on" period right now! :) You are braver than I to move to the couch...the couch is downstairs and that means I have to walk through the dark and you know my fear! :) I won't even walk to a guest bedroom I am that scared! I know...I need a 12 step program probably! :) Thanks for the advice though! :)

Laura and Jeremy said...

I love me some JT! I, too, went to one of the N'Sync concerts with some other DGs.

Your little one is not so little anymore. He's awfully daring, too.

Allison Slater Tate said...

Thank you so much for the shout-out! I too heart Chris Martin and Justin. We have lots in common, LOL.

mamalouise said...

Laura-good to hear from you! Your little one is getting so big too! JD is not at all small anymore...he is our little man! They really do grow up so fast! :) I am glad that we share the love for some JT...those NSYNC concerts were so worth the grief that was given to us later for going!

Mama-I am so flattered that you came and read and commented! How in the world did you find me and see that I shouted you out? The blog world will forever fascinate me. Thank you...I love Elmos Wallpaper and will be a frequent visitor! :)

Laura said...

I love this post! I am just now getting caught up on all the blogs I missed in the last few weeks. I had to comment on the Target part. It's our favorite place! My favorite Target commerical that I could never get out of my head was the "good-buy, good-buy, good-buy..." one. Now that I wrote that I'll be singing it all day long. Such adorable pictures too. He's getting So big. I can't believe it! Hope you're sleeping better.