Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mommy's Little Helper

JD has been a "helper" for quite some time now. Its pretty funny actually because I can't get a broom, mop or even dust rag out without him following me and mimicking everything I am doing (or screaming because he wants what I have). :)



This isn't isolated to home either. We take him to the church nursery on Sundays and apparently they have to hide the cleaning supplies because he goes straight for them when he enters the room. Our boy definitely is not a quitter either because even when they "hide" them he apparently will do everything he can to find them.



Uncle VP got a Dirt Devil Kruz for Christmas and has been raving about it ever since. Its a wonderful device for kitchens and places with hard surface floors. We used to have the "Swiffer Sweeper" and I loved that because it had the swiffer cloth and a little vacuum. I am anal when working on our floors and will sweep, Swiffer Sweep and then mop. Well...the Swiffer broke and we felt like the device in general was kind of cheap, so we felt like it was time for an upgrade! The Dirt Devil Kruz is kind of like a hand held vac but with a handle. Its been a wonderful addition to the Rhyme and Reason household and if you are in the market for something to help you with daily sweeing, we highly reccommend!



I have been seriously considering getting JD a "little man" cleaning supply cart but haven't because I am not sure it would appease him. He kind of likes the big broom, mop, etc. and I think he would still chase me around for the big kid (aka mommy) stuff! Regardless we are happy to have a helper on our hands. Little does he know what we have in store for him as he gets bigger! :)

Don't ask me why he was helping in his underoos! We were in between jammies and clothes for the day and vacuuming was calling! :) Also...note to readers: the vac wasn't on while on the carpet. It actually scares him a bit to have it on. :) He was just "play helping" for now! :)

4 comments:

Aimee said...

He is definately your hubby's son!

Anonymous said...

The first pic is my favorite and was definitely my favorite out of his "January" pics!!! Love that he loves to help clean, hopefully Brody will too considering his mommy is a clean freak!

tmzetterberg@yahoo.com said...

too cute! I love his little naked body - i do love after bathtime when they run around shaking their booties :) Claire enjoys helping too...if only they would stay that way! and your new "sweeper" looks so futuristic - how cool are you :)

GranBecks said...

I posted one of these on VP's Facebook page immediately after you emailed me the Kodak pics. Yes, Aimee, he is his Daddy's son, but he gets that from his Uncle too! VP used to vacuum for me all the time. And the cool thing was that he still gets into it! In fact, I got VP his Cruz vac for Christmas, because he asked for it! He also irons---and he is still available, Ladies!