Saturday, January 17, 2009

TWO inches in FOUR months?! Are we raising a Giant??

Okay so I completely realize that the title is dramatic but it was to get you to read okay?! :) But honestly...we couldn't believe it when the our Pediatrician measured our "little" man and gave us the news.

The Doctors office is fun...lots of new obstacles...good stuff!

I should mention that JD DOES.NOT.EAT hardly anything anymore! He still drinks his milk like a champion but his eating habits aren't that great. Or maybe great if eating dried fruit and Tyson Chicken nuggets once a day is on your radar as nutritional and healthy. :) And before you ask, yes I do sit him down for breakfast, lunch AND dinner but he typically picks at breakfast and lunch and actually will eat dinner (which the doc says is completely normal at this age/stage so we aren't worried). :)


I want to be as tall as you dad...stay right there...I will be right up!

To put things in perspective JD was 20 1/2 inches when he was born, he is now 33 inches. At first babies grow in inches at a rapid pace (like an inch a month or more) but then it DRASTICALLY slows down. From his 9 month to his 12 month appointment he only grew 1/2 of an inch. So for him to grow 2 in 4 months (at this age) is a little eye opening!


Whats in there? That little area looks fun too (note to self: I will go there next)

I guess I should have known though...some of his pants are becoming high waters! :)

Look at me...I can go up and down!

I had never taken the camera with us to the doctors so I don't have any of those cute photos showing JD on the scale showing his current weight. I regret that I never did that because I think those photos are cute! Although these pictures don't show JD on a scale looking cute and showing his hefty (oh yeah so hefty...maybe I should consider taking up his diet??) self (he gained 3 pounds too) they do exemplify who our child is...a mover and a shaker!


Both P-Daddy and I have some rather tall relatives, (but we do have some short ones too, namely me) so we are curious to see where JD falls! As for now, he is our little baby Goliath! :)

Dad! I wasn't done playing on the stairs!

5 comments:

GranBecks said...

He is my little baby boy! Oh my goodness. I won't be there for another 6 weeks JD, so no more major anythings until GranBecks arrives! Okay, I do not mean that. I want him to be as healthy and active as he has always been. He looks so good...Grandma wants to Zurbitzzzzzz his belly and make him giggle. Love you all. Stay warm.

Aimee said...

He's officially taller than his girlfriends! I think this is good, I always laugh at the slow dances when the guys shorter than the girl....

Congrats on another well well visit!

Our Happy Married Life... said...

Awww, my little friend is getting so big. I was trying to think when I will see him next but it looks like I'll be there March 7th for the big 3-0 festivities. I'm staying at your place if that's cool! Can't wait to see you guys again!

Christina said...

Chase just had the same kind of growth spurt! He was always just under the 50th percentile for both height and weight, and all of a sudden he's gotten huge -- of course, his well visit was a couple of weeks ago, so I don't have statistical proof of this, but I can tell you he was comfortably wearing size 12 month clothes in the beginning of January, and now he fits in the 24 month size perfectly! He blew right by the 18 month size. Weird.
Anyway, glad to hear JD is doing so well! he's quite the climber!! :)

Anonymous said...

He is soooo cute!! I don't know how old he is since I'm new here (from the mom blogs) but my daughter had a growth spurt of about 4 inches somewhere around 18 months or so.