Thursday, January 1, 2009

Should old acquaintance be forgot (da da daaa da da daa daa...)

Yeah so I only know the first line of the New Years song...that's all you probably know too! :) P-Daddy and I had a wonderful and uneventful New Years Eve this year as we stayed in, drank some wine, cooked a lovely meal (with our new cast iron skillet...I know we are so grown up!) and then watched Part II of the first season of Entourage (which is a great show by the way!)

I know...I am a dork...but whatever! This was our NYE dinner!
JD must have known that last night was a special night of sorts because he decided to put on a small play for us (that's what we shall call it, a "play")...right before bed he just grabbed this blanket we have on the ottoman and wrapped it around his head and danced around for literally 20 minutes (that's a long time in baby world). He must have had a secret "to-do" list to accomplish before 2008 was up and that was something he needed to squeeze in. Needless to say we were entertained as it seriously was hilarious!


Act 1, Scene 1




Act 1, Scene 2

Intermission



Act 2, Scene 1





The "Bring it On 2009" Finale! TA-DA!

Last night is a FAR cry from our New Years past and as nice as it was to awake this morning with no hangover (at 7am...Mr. JD is waking us up early lately...BOO), it was also sad to realize that a tradition we had with friends is officially over. I mean don't get too teary because it was technically over last year as 3 of the friends we used to spend New Years with had also just had babes so there was no partying going on with all of us just trying to get by on terrible nights sleep. It doesn't make me miss the good old days any less though. :)
Why was NYE so great you ask? Well I shall tell you...For 3 straight years P-Daddy and I went to a cabin in Brown County with friends. It was the best freaking idea that someone came up with (I am not sure who but they should get a trophy) because we would bring all the fixings people need to have a good time and then post up in a rugged cabin for 2 nights. It beat the heck out of getting dressed to the nine's and going to some random, overcrowded bar in the freezing cold. So after the first year we were hooked and knew it would be our tradition.

The Good Old Days...


Before we were "mamalouise" and "P-Daddy"
Anyway...just needed to give you the background so you could understand what I was talking about. Sad to see it go (how many times can I say that?) but I wouldn't replace anything about our life to go back to that time. Good memories none-the-less.
I am sure that the older JD gets the more interesting NYE will get for us! :) I grew up spending the night at the same friends house, year after year on NYE. We played "spoons" (its a card game), banged pots and pans at midnight, stayed up ALL NIGHT, and wrote our resolutions out every year. And every year our resolutions from the year before would be brought out and we would giggle at how silly we were the year before and how mature we had gotten since then! HA! I am sure JD won't be having that kind of New Year's slumber party but I think it will be fun to start traditions with him!
Happy 2009 everyone! I think its gonna be a great year!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Let's not say officially over...maybe just a hiatus...I want to do it again!

Our Happy Married Life... said...

you are tagged my friend!