Saturday, January 16, 2010

TIVO TALK

A few things before I begin...
I agree that it is absolutely ridiculous that I haven't posted anything of substance since my New Years post.
I am having serious writers block when it comes to the recap of Lake Tahoe Christmas Vacation but promise its a blog in the backlog
I would be remiss if I didn't plug Shallow Thoughts here because she is not only a rock star in my eyes because she read a book a DAY in '09 AND blogged about that book EVERYDAY but now she has continued her blog but has added her thoughts on television. LOVE IT...and we are getting ready to talk about my Tivo, so this plug works!

Now onto the good stuff...

Notable items on my TIVO (and listed in order of importance...of course!):
How I Met Your Mother (Can you tell this one is still winning in my book?)
Modern Family
Desperate Housewives
Project Runway
The Good Wife
60 Minutes
Cougar Town
Shark Tank
Iron Chef America
American Idol

Its hard to believe that American Idol has fallen as low as it has...but its true. I would skip AI to view any of the other shows above it, any day! And you know why? I JUST don't think they are ever going to find another Carrie Underwood. Nope. Don't think they can do it. But THIS guy...well he is brilliant...



If you aren't watching Modern Family you are seriously missing out. And here is a PERFECT example:



The Good Wife was one I wasn't so sure about when it first started but now P-Daddy and I find ourselves glued to the TV when its on. Its nice because there is a different story line every week but on the back side there is an on going story line. And its based in Chicago...which I think I already mentioned in the last Tivo Talk...but apparently I find it that appealing. Just sick of every show being based in NYC.

60 Minutes, if you aren't already aware is (in our humble opinoin) one of the best news shows on television. I really don't watch a lot of news nor do I read a lot of news online or in print. I don't need a daily dose of depressing stories and lets be honest, the news thrives on it. But every Sunday I am sucked into every story on this amazing news show. Whether they are talking about elephants, the 2009 campaign, or the United States border patrol I am way into it! You can't beat Andy Rooney's take on life at the end either:


Watch CBS News Videos Online

Shark Tank, if you don't know is a show where 5 unique investors (including but not limited to the guy who owns FUBU) sit on a panel and people bring their products to them. In bringing their products they are also asking for a certain dollar amount in exchange of giving up a portion of their company. Its sort of like a lame show that was on television a few summers back that was called "American Inventors" (that I am sad to say we watched), but because it involves investors its a bit different. All of the investors have HUGE ego's which makes the show (of course) that much more interesting...and lets be honest some people and their "inventions" are for sure TV worthy. This was my favorite company...and the video doesn't explain it but these guys invented a website where college students can upload (and sell) their notes from a class (within their College/University), the notes are proofed to make sure they are "worthy" and then other students can go and purchase those notes. Why didn't I think of this??



What is my TIVO missing?
LIFE, we Loved this show and frankly I am pissed that I will never know what happened.
Friday Night Lights, although I hear that this one will be returning this summer I was ready for it to come back now!
Alias...I know, I know this show as done years ago...but I still miss it

What my TIVO is adding?
The Deep End, begins this Thursday 1/21...below is the preview



I would be kidding you and you and YOU if I didn't also mention JD's TIVO list (in order of importance of course) because most days I feel like I watch more of whats on his TIVO list than whats on mine (within the half an hour he is allowed per day of course-HA!)
Handy Manny
Sesame Street
Imagination Movers (which used to creep me out because there are grown men in jumpsuits but now I know every song by heart...crap)
My Friends Tigger and Pooh



PS-If you were over my videos and didn't click on one of them, please appease me and go back and watch the Modern Family one...its worth your time I promise!!

3 comments:

GranBecks said...

I needed the laughs! Thanks, Honey. I agree with everything--all good stuff!

Lora said...

I used to be creeped out with Imagination MOvers until the FreshBeats debuted. Oh my. They are total creepsters

Angela said...

Thanks for putting up a link to my blog. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoy my blog.