Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dear Bloggers,

Hello there. I hope this blog finds you well, and happy, and full from a good meal, and even maybe sipping a glass of wine. :) Anyway...yes I have been absent again. I am sure you have missed me. Thanks for that.




I won't bullshit you (yes I am a Christian, but yes I do cuss like a sailor, please deal with it or move on) with a bullshit blog because I really don't have one. Life is good, but my brain is literally in a million places right now and the only thing I would write to you is bullshit that I would end up hating because it was bullshit.




But I do have a few questions about bloggerville that I thought I could pose to you (that means you, the secret stalker of this blog too...whoever you are). So if you know anything on the topics below, please email me or post a comment! You are the best! And I promise I won't be this bad of a blogger in the winter. My brain will settle down with the cold weather, it always does, and then maybe I can catch you up on life...past, present and future. :)






So here are my questions...




1. Feedmil? Has anyone from this site ever contacted you to give them a synopsis of your blog so you will be on their live feed? If so, did you? If you did, was it safe and is it worth it?




2. Blogher? Thoughts?




3. Momversation? I think this is really cool and am not going to lie that the thought of this getting me the opportunity to Skype with Oprah and other moms is kind of fun. But I am not sure how to join in on the fun...any of you do this and/or look at this site?




4. Bloghop? What exactly is this and why would I be interested in it?




5. Oreo's...to dunk or not to dunk (in a cold glass of milk)...that is the ?




Again, thank you in advance for any and all help or feedback or just your personal unedited opinoin. :)





Oh, and here some pictures of what we (or JD) have been up to lately...





5 comments:

Our Happy Married Life... said...

LOVE his small paul shirt.

dghousemom said...

the pic with the backpack and monkey shirt is hilarious. the one of p-daddy and jd is totally adorable.

why ruin an oreo with milk? split it in half, eat the side with the cream first, eat the other side because its still in your hand.

i did miss you. no bullshit.

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle - I've heard of the BlogHer - they do conferences, right? Unfortunately, I don't know much though. And there was actually a BlogIndiana conference a few weeks ago at IUPUI where a lot of mommy bloggers gathered. I should have given you a heads up! BTW - I just subscribed to your blog :) It's great!

Lora said...

I think Blogher is meh. You supposedly make a bit of cash if you run their ads on your site, plus they list you in a blogroll, but in return you have to censor yourself a bit. That's like my worst nightmare. But I think the conference is cool. I'd totally go if it came to my city, but I don't think I'd travel for it.

And I get emails from Feedmil. I don't trust it, I feel like if they linked to me, they would be leaving spammy comments and emails in my boxes.

And oreos, I like to mash up about twenty of them and pour milk on top and eat it like cereal. In the winter, I'll heat it up a bit. Like a casserole

Aimee said...

The Blog Hop is typically a group of bloggers picking a theme and linking a list of the same blogs to their site. The MckLinky Blog hop is every Tuesday and I participate in the topics that interest me and don't for others. They do give-aways to participants and it can increase traffic to your own blog (if that's your goal). More info at: http://www.mcklinky.com/blog_hop.asp I think this tuesdays topic is Remembering 9/11