Monday, August 13, 2012

First go at being an Aunt

I am so excited to be an Aunt for the first time I can hardly stand it!  So, I went a little overboard with Pinterest and helping to plan her shower.  Thought it would be fun to share the wealth of what we put together for my sis in law and her baby girl to be!

This shower truly was a gift of love because I couldn't have been given a better gift of a sister in Aunt Ricki! Which, by the way she hates that I call her that (obviously not her name) but I love it.  Its the only pseudo sister like thing I think I do to her! HA!  I don't have a real sister and am honestly very thankful for that.  HA!  Seriously-all my friends with real sisters make me love the fact that I have a brother!  Aunt Ricki tcame into our lives almost 5 years ago and just embraced our family!  JD called her Aunt Ricki well before she was actually married to Uncle Badgeman!  She and Uncle Badgeman now live just a few seconds down the road from us now and it is so fun to be able to see them all the time!  I can't say enough about how  much I love her, how much I think she is PERFECT for my brother in law, and what an amazing mother I know she will be...frankly she already is!!  She has been such an amazing aunt to our kids I hope to be able to be the same for hers!

Click for Pinspiration


Click here for Pinspiration
I just did these myself with the leftover white chocolate from the cake balls (below) and used a little pink icing to decorate!  BEWARE: These are ADDICTING!

Double Chocolate Fudge Mini Fudge Cupcakes
Chocolate Cake Mix
Hot Fudge Sundae topping
Icing of choice
Piping bag (if desired)
Make cake as directed on box
Fill cupcake tins with small spoonful of cake mix
Spoon in a pinch of hot fudge sundae topping
fill cupcake tins the rest of the way (2/3 full)
bake as directed on box
Let completely cool
Ice with your favorite icing!

Strawberry Cream Cheese White Chocolate Covered Cake Balls:
Strawberry Cake Mix (make as directed on box)
Let completely cool
Break up in a bowl so it is completely crumbly
mix in 1 container of cream cheese icing
roll into 1-2" balls
place in refrigerator overnight
melt white chocolate (as directed on bag)
dip each ball (I sprinkled as soon as they were dipped so the sprinkles would stick)
place in refrigerator until the day of event
Click for Pinspiration


Click for Pinspiration


Click for Pinspiration
Click for the Free Printable


Click for Pinspiration

Click here for Pinspiration


Click for Pinspiration

Like these products?
Click for monogrammed items: Stitches to Britches
Click for burp cloth (there is more but thats all I show): Bobaloo
Click for bows and flowers: Girls Crochet Headbands


How cute is she?!!  Love!

6 comments:

Laura and Jeremy said...

Wow! All so adorable! Why do we have to work instead of plan events and make fun Pinterest crafts? :)

Aimee said...

I am just getting on the blog after a hiatus and am LOVING these pics! You did a fabulous job! You are going to be an amazing aunt!xoxo

www.boardbookalbums.com said...

Wow, this is an amazing blog. I just came across it by chance and I am so glad that I did.

Tyler Jones said...

Thank you so much for sharing all these awesome pics! They are all adorable and I really enjoyed going through your page.

Jatin Sethi said...


anniversary wishes for uncle and aunty

Anonymous said...

cool