Monday, July 6, 2009

Surprise...You're 30!

I talked a while back about how P-Daddy got the lovely gift of landscaping for his (what was at the time) big upcoming birthday. Well that birthday has come and gone (tear) and I have been a little fuzzy (seriously took me longer than it should have) since the festivities to get on here and blog about all the fun we had!

Birthdays have ALWAYS been a big deal in my family. They really weren't for P-Daddy growing up so when we celebrated his first birthday together (7 years ago...cannot believe it) he was amazed and humbled at all the excitement I tried to create. It is the one day in the calendar each year that is just about YOU so I think it should be celebrated to the fullest!!


P-Daddy is also the first of all of our friends to turn the BIG 3-0 so we had to kick off our 30's with a bang right? Well...even if we didn't have to...we did! As many of you know, I am a planner so his party was in the works for MANY months (or maybe even a year!!) I will blog here about the planning as I don't want to bore those who aren't interested on the details...

This was a surprise party, and after MUCH doubt...P-Daddy was truly surprised!! I didn't get a good picture of that, but I did manage to acquire many, many others. Some flattering, some not but you know what? We had a great time! A GREAT time and a Kodak moment is a Kodak moment whether it makes us look glamorous or not, right?! I guess that's what great friends, family, Sam Adams, and Yagerbombs will lead to! :)


Happy Birthday again and again to my best friend, partner in crime, coolest daddy on earth, the true love of my life...can't wait to see what the next 30 years brings us!

2 comments:

GranBecks said...

GranBecks missed a good time! You make a great party, my sweet MamaLouise! PDaddy, may your entire year bring you joy and peace!

Kristina said...

Definitely looks like I missed a great time!!! Happy 30th Paul Hubbard...I'm right behind ya!!!
Can't wait to see you guys....very, very soon!