Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Faith

Last night, as I was stalking blogs I went to one that I have been frequenting lately. Its one I stumbled across from blog hopping one night and have been hooked ever since. See the "Praying for Stellan" on the left there...its his mama's blog I am referring to. Yesterday baby Stellan had heart surgery and by the grace of God he is back in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit and recovering.

I have ALWAYS believed in the power of prayer, and by always I mean since high school when I feel I really started to comprehend my own faith. P-Daddy and I make it a daily practice to lift up our day to the Lord (usually at dinner) and JD and I make have a nightly routine of praying too. Recently I noticed that there were things around me that were going a lot better, some of it was almost shocking because these certain things hadn't been going that well. I literally stood over a load of laundry pondering how in the world an SUCH a change was possible overnight with no "sparking" it to do so (by that I mean confrontation or a "hint hint"). And then I realized...I wasn't noticing the obvious. P-Daddy and I had been praying about these "things" for quite some time and God had officially answered our prayers! For those of you non believers out there...I am telling you that believing is better! God is so good and the ONLY explanation for these things was due to God. :)

So back to my "moment" last night. I was reading Stellan's mama (or rather mckmama) tell us about Stellan's condition...she was talking about server overload and then said to click here. So I clicked and couldn't believe my eyes. It's worth clicking I promise. So there I was scrolling and looking and scrolling and looking (I know, cryptic writing...meaning I REALLY want you to click on the link...so just do it already!) and really there are no words at how I felt...other than the power of blogging is unbelievable and people are so good. God is so unbelievable. He works his ways in so many ways and I feel so thankful to know him. I hope that you know him too...

MckMama wrote today about the power of prayer and I think she summed everything up so wonderfully! I never knew that blogging would/could be this powerful...in my life, to the lives of others, for the lives of others...its amazing! I am so thankful!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

agreed!

BandBbaby said...

Thanks Michelle for this blog! I went to that website and it is amazing. I starting crying at work seeing all of those people praying for that one little baby. Just when I think the world is yuck; there are things like this that remind me that humanity and faith is alive!! I am glad to see that your faith is important to you and you pray with P daddy and your little man! God Belss

GranBecks said...

You are relearning what we all need to reteach ourselves over and over again! Walking with God makes everything more sensible. Even when the answers are totally unexpected, there is a peace He gives with it. I love you.

Laura and Jeremy said...

Great post. I found this blog about a week ago and it has truly touched me. God's grace is so good. We're praying for Stellan too. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Agreed

Oh by the way I am glad I stumbled across your blog.

I wanted to invite you to a message board for moms.
http://www.chatterscene.com